So, TemplePlus exists.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Now I'm completely out of my depth... when you say "script it", are you doing that through the dlg file, or something else?

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

You'll probably have to modify the Lesser Restoration script (py) file inside the scr folder. I see there's already some foundation for it actually.
    Terjon also uses a script to check if the healing is actually necessary, so it'd need a new one to detect a damaged ability score (or alternately just create a function that always returns TRUE and rely on the player to use it when necessary).

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I'm reading over the scr file now, and it makes a little sense... I'll need time to try to make it out in full though. Thanks for the pointers!

4. Sitra Achara

A modder is born ;)
    Lemme know if you need any help.

5. Sitra Achara

Curiously, ToEE already has an under-the-hood implementation of Bardic Suggestion. I'm guessing it was axed due to bugginess (I've already spotted at least one).
    It's interesting that the Suggestion effect creates a Fear Effect rather than a Charm effect. I like that better actually, since IMO the "Dominate Monster" effect is a bit too wacky powerful. The fear effect seems quite appropriate to me - "whispering terrible things into monsters' ears..."

Other than that the basics of the Python Modifier system are now in place.

So far I've already used this system in v1.0.11 to implement the Trip ability for wolves (kudos to @zugschef for the suggestion). They're pretty kickass now :)

I'll be using it and gradually expanding it to create the prestige classes, but I think I'll start with the Dwarven Defender since it's easier to do.

6. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

I keep getting a "fatal runtime error" when trying to install, have 1.0.10. would the fact my game computer has no internet connection be a factor?

7. Sitra Achara

What OS are you using?

8. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Nice, I'll just be happy that Bards get all of their songs now, it will be a super great support class with those.

Any possibility of putting paladin mounts in?

9. Sitra Achara

Putting mounts in would be pretty complicated to do, be of limited use (since most of the time you're fighting indoors) and would also require new animations... so not likely.

10. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Makes sense.

Looking forward to the Bard/Druid update, as well as prestige classes in the future! Thanks for all the hard work.

11. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Windows 7 pro

12. Sitra Achara

Can you check if you have the following folder?
    C:\Users\<INSERT YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Local\TemplePlus

If so, and it has a file called SquirrelSetup.log, please post it.

Also, if you're using an Antivirus, please make sure its database is up to date.

13. TangerineOfDoom

TangerineOfDoom Member

Hey, Sitra, I've just started playing with Temple+ and noticed that crafting magic weapons is kind of strange for me. It costs me gold and EXP even when I just change the item's name, even if that item is just a plain masterwork one with no enhancements. A much more minor issue is that in the save/load screen it always says the date is "4/15/579 00:00", but the date and time is right when it is loaded.

14. Sitra Achara

Yeah oops, that's a bug. Fixed both issues for next version (will probably be out tomorrow).

On that note, the next version will also support KotB, though I haven't tested it extensively.

15. TangerineOfDoom

TangerineOfDoom Member

Good to hear, I've only played it for about half an hour, but I definitely noticed the differences. Even did some traveling on the world map, and it didn't crash once :p, before I used Temple+ it was doing it all the time.

Our Host!