So.... here I am at temple, now what

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by DaveWomble, Aug 3, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. DaveWomble

DaveWomble Member

My question is, are you supposed to go thru each temple and do quests as in the towns, or am I supposed to just storm the place and slaughter just about everything? I ask because I killed the kitchen snake for Romag (first and only task I'd been given) and reported back, now my paladin is fallen, even tho I used my bard to talk to romag. I know Terjon can fix it but it's a lot more gold than I have. No access to cleric atonement spell yet either. Should I just leave him fallen and complete all the quests and atone before nodes?

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

You need to be very careful about doing quests for the various temples if you have a paladin. You don't have to do any of them to defeat the temple overall.

3. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

If you have a paladin on-board, there are various allegiances and deals you can make in Nulb and the temple that can cause you to fall, either intentionally if you want to try the Blackguard prestige class, or unintentionally. The temple priests are evil though, so good parties don't have many options in-game other than killing them (because DnD).
    Atonement is about 720gp, isn't it? You can probably afford it from loot you make in level one of the temple (don't level up your paladin is you want to progress after atonement).

4. DaveWomble

DaveWomble Member

720?! I wish. Terjon wants an 8k gold donation for atonement.

5. DaveWomble

DaveWomble Member

Even with moathouse and lich reputation

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yeah the cost of attonement actually scales up, every level you attain the more the attonement costs. The only reputation that affects the cost is the St Cuthbert rep for giving many donations of gold to the church - which lowers the cost of healing and attonements but still probably costs more in the long run.

You could open the console ( shift ~ ) and give yourself the gold to attone ( give 7003 ), use the console itself to attone (there is a thread here you can search for with the command listed in it) or reload an earlier save and smite the evil priests instead.

Gehennis likes this.
  7. DaveWomble

DaveWomble Member

I don't mess with console. Game is unstable enough as it is. I simply vaporized the brigands in broken tower and sold all their crap +1 gear and the scroll of raise dead ya get in Terjons book case (got over 5 grand for it!) so good to go. Paladins back in the saddle and I'm just going to systematically wipe out the temple denizens and forego quest xp.

Gehennis likes this.
  8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yep, there are more than a few ways to skin an evil temple priest, just don't use the Paladin to talk with him first heh. Glad you fixed your issue.

Our Host!