Skills

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Templar, Jan 5, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Templar

Templar Established Member

I need to ask a question thats probably dumb but I'm not as familar with 3.5 as with 2ed I grew up with.

I put points into HIDE for my rogue and now I think it was pointless. I thought it was helping him improve the skill but when I hide I sneak with my rogue I can be right in front of the person anyway...

Same with Use magical device, is this pointless skill for a mage? I thought it helped them better use magical artifacts, but I'm wondering if I again wasted points here.

Can someone point out some skills that are pointless for certain classes please and which skills are much needed because of the way the game is laid out?

I would appreciate it. Just the basics. Warrior/mage/Rogue.

THANK YOU!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Hide is definately useful for anyone running point. The characters actually sneak, bent over slightly and tip-toe slowly while moving. They do seem to trigger some dialogs, but i think this is more based on their position in a room as apposed to someone seeing them. Its great for exploring a map, and to clear some of the "fog of war" so spell casters can target a group before the combat mode is opened.

Use magical device is more of a rogue skill, with enough points they can use magic items specifically for other classes, such as wands or scrolls. Assuming your rogue has a high enough INT score so you can fill up they VERY NECESSARY open locks and disable devices, put some in use magical devices, then give your rogue a few back up scrolls of healing (in case the cleric is disabled) or make him a wand of fireballs when you need a little exra fire power than the casters can provide.

You may have wasted skill oints on a mage in UMD, unless you want him to be able to use cleric scrolls.

Our Host!