Skeletons specialized in crossbows in Emridy Fields?!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cezmail, Sep 28, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Started a new game and started to wander about the fields. Not only did every skeleton I found in the three groups have crossbows, both light and heavy, but it seemed like they were specialized. Damed buggers were crit'ed me with just about every damned shot. Had to go back to Hommlet after every battle just to heal up. I know it was my darned luck with the dice and I will guess the randomness of the weapon selection, but was strange that ALL of those pile of bones had crossbows.

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

You can always view everyone rolls, yours and the enemies, and see how the damage is broken down by clicking the show rolls icon in the lower right, then clicking the blue words inside.

3. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Hi GG, I was aware of that and about 3/4 of the rolls were confirmed crits. Just a bad case of the random number generator having its vengeance on me I guess. I survived, but it was just the timing of both the crits and the overwhelming crossbows thaat made it so strange.

But I do appreciate the comment in case I or others did not know of that tab,

4. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Well, the computer does cheat in every computer game I have ever played! You would think it would be happy to have a good home, maybe I need to keep the hammer on the desk to remind it what happened to the last printer I had, which left this world with no piece bigger than a quarter.

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I hear ya and these so called inanimate machines are conspiring to come at us when we least expect it. What out for the Terminators folks. They are amongst us!

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well I got some nice revenge while in the HB area. My Ranger/Rogue got 4 crits in a row, 3 of them with Cleave attacks. Combined with his sneak attack, he dropped 3 bugbears and an Orc Baddie. Take that you damned game AI. :D

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

"Emridy Fields" sounds like an outdoor athletic complex. ;)

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Yeah, I guess I am butchering that name. But at low level you do get a nice workout there. :)

Our Host!