Show me the mini's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allyx, Sep 5, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Grrr...

We are prohibited from automatic weapons, yes. It doesn't bother us: we don't have the peculiar need to shoot each other the citizens in certain anonymous superpowers have.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

OK, just wondering based on Cujo saying he takes his kukri with him hunting. This forum isn't the best place to start anti-US gun control debates, Shadowblade! ;)

3. Ninja-to

Ninja-to Member

If you want to see some really good minis, go to coolminiornot.com

If you look at the articles in there they also have very good tutorials on how to paint and do pretty much anything you can with a mini.

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

here in New Zealand we can own guns, if you've got a firearms licence (which I don't, I just use a bow, a dog and a shovel) but I know people with collectors firearms licence which means you can own automatic weapons (as a collectors piece of course <wink wink>)

just as reference the blood grove on the kukri is 11cm or 4 1/2 inches long.

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Cars kill far more people here than the guns. But you're right; the peculiar need stems from the whole wild west thing. If guns are outlawed here, then only the outlaws will have guns. So I might need one to defend myself and/or home. I've been shooting since I was 5, and in earnest since the age of 11 or so. There are 6 pistols, 3 rifles, and 2 shotguns, and 1 semi-auto replica of a sub-machine gun in the house. This last weapon has a very short range, but is .45 caliber with a 30 round box magazine. The sight of the muzzle alone would be enough to make most people's shit turn to water.

And I never drink & shoot at the same time...unless it's at a junk car or something.

6. Gaear

Yeah, once in a while I'll throw the rifle in the truck, grab me a fifth of Jack, and head out on the road. Not often though. Did you know its legal to do that in Oregon?

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Yeah, I knew that. God do I want to get out of this state and move back to Seattle.

8. Gaear

I saw a video of a vicious beating of two on-leave soldiers outside a niteclub in Seattle recently . . . maybe you should stay in Oregon where it's safe, Blue.

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well I got some now, its my first attempt at painting one so don't laugh.

Attached Files:

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

here's that one and the rest...

Attached Files:

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Hey that's actually quite good, you should add a little modeling flock though (use a bit of green paint to stick it to the base), or a bit of modeling clay to make a cobblestone street/dungeon floor, or even a bit of glue and some sand for texture.

12. Lord_Spike

Cujo...that's damn fine for a first attempt. Nicely detailed. Looks like "you" might if you were an adventurer. Well, a D&D adventurer.

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Man, that is so much better than my first attempt (German light infantry when I was 8 or so).

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I almost went to repaint it today cos I thought I'd done a crap job. Ypu lot are such a bad influence on me, next thing you know I'll buy my own set of dice.

15. Lord_Spike

They're addictive. Most D&D'ers have multiple sets of dice. That's when you know it's more than a hobby. I have 5 sets, I think. Zorn's got a dice bag weighing in at about 2 pounds, I do believe. there's always a cooler set out there than the one you already have...

Our Host!