Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Jan 29, 2021.
Did you choose sgos-core in the config menu perhaps?
Nope, I selected the correct module in Temple config, tried running as admin, tried applying the mod to a freshly activated 8.1.0 mod, both NC and Standard editions, same result.
Edit: I removed the mod files and ran config again, attempted to run the ToEE module with Temple+ the loading bar completed, but resulted in the same crash. I guess I have a different Temple+ related issue - I'll try reinstalling T+
Edit 2: Tried reinstalling Temple+, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried uninstalling, removing appdata files and reinstalling, tried using temple+ on my IWD install, same result. T+ v84 doesn't like me.
Just making sure, but are you running with your IWD folder or regular ToEE folder? Can you also post the Temple+ logfile?
Ok, where is that?
Here you go, I hope it helps.
Edit: I deleted the saved games files, appdata files and reinstalled Temple+, loaded ToEE in Temple+ no problem. added SGoS mod files to the Modules folder, selected them in T+ config and got the same crash. - Uploaded a new logfile.
Long time lurker - wanted to contribute back what I can to you fine fellows for keeping grinding away at polishing ToEE. Huge thank you to all involved!
Running latest Temple+, Co8 NC 8.1..0 and SGoSG v1.0
I've played through the module (akaik - all 3 dungeon maps) and made the notes below. I've tried to exclude any issues mentioned previously in this thread - though I'm sure I'm mentioning more general ToEE things and not things specifically related to this module.
Ranger's Rapid Shot isn't working (I thought it was in ToEE?). Fighter w/Rapid Shot does however work.
Web - Can't see the area it is effecting, though it works just fine
Grease - Inaccurate, though this has kinda been the case in ToEE with the stricter rules applied (I wasn't running them for this playthrough though)
Pathfinding is -at times- not great. Generally okay in straight lines (E.g. 1st Map), but going around corners with a larger party (6 PC's) can be frustrating.
Save games are named HOMMLET, VERBOBNC?
Trip attacks - Sometimes the values are reversed? That is, Mobs gets my stat's and I get mob's stat's? I can't seem to nailed down the behaviour consistently though - I suspect I've noticed this in ToEE too though.
No XP rewards (or equipment) for fights when you re-enter a unfinished map - this is likely by design?
Map 2 (North Road)
In the High Preistess'es Room - Weird Wayfinding, seems like the whole room + some is covered by a Altar clickable (I suspect the top righthand altar is too big?).
This map was properly difficult. I can't recall how many times I had to re-load. Digging the new mobs, very. very cool! Was wondering if the AI has had a revamp, it seems nastier now...And I think the Gnoll Chief needs some more backup, although I did get a pleasantly nasty surprise - I reckon a few more followers would be fun!
There was a little weirdness with Laurah - I had two CTD's when talking to Laurah w/tome ("Option 2. No it's mine now"). Though if I said option 1 "No", then in the next dialog responded with "Oh this thing", then she says she has to think about it. Re-initiating conversation with her, worked fine and I could continue.
Oddly, I did attack her just for shifts n giggles - she stayed friendly regardless. I reckon I understand why though.
So I ended up with 6 x 6th levels characters - I did a 35 points buy - and still Map 3 was kicking my ass a bit. I approve!
Again, thank you to all for the fine. fine work on Temple+. ToEE, KoTB and SGoSG - muchly appreciated!
This sounds like something from the Atari buglist that I thought was fixed? Hmmm.... Otherwise, thanks for the feedback
Sorry Al, my mistake!
Thanks for the specifics - it appears line 660 got repeated. Easy fix
Somehow it fails to find proto 12850... is your overrides folder clean?
Ah ok, I just deleted the overrides folder entirely, tried it again and now it works, thanks for your help.
I've put this off for a long while now but it may be necessary to revisit this in the near future:
This isn't the correct thread to open up this can of worms, but what are you proposing?
I'm not yet sure what exactly, but lately more and more independent mods and modifications are popping up. You're already the 2nd one this week who has had to clear his overrides.
I rather like the idea that you can't just plop files in there and silently override things, and that instead you have to declare what your modifications are compatible and incompatible with. That way the engine can easily pick it up and tell you what's going on. In such a scheme, anatoliy would clearly designate his beta files as such, and then the full release would mark itself as incompatible with the beta, and the user would instantly know this is what's wrong. Likewise if anatoliy finds out, for example, that Sagenlicht's spells interfere with ZMOD (just for the sake of example), he could mark it as such.
Also perhaps instead of a single overrides folder, have multiple subfolders for individual extensions that you can then also switch on and off accordingly.
@anatoliy it looks like you didn't include the new pathnode data for some reason (pathnodenew.pnd and pathnodedist.pnd).
Aside from that, you should take a look at the Temple+ log file - it warns that there are some MES files with missing/wrong braces, including InvenSource.mes which copies an error from the Co8 file.
@_doug_ likewise there's an error in the extended spell long description file.
I probably did miss that. Thanks!
I will need to take a look, thanks!
That is quite complex solution I'd say. Perhaps we should aim for T+ Configuration improvement with big warn label, that overrides folder is not empty and could potentially interfere with current module.