Sewers

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by jeffh, Mar 30, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

I know how to go to the sewers, but I'm not quite sure why to go to the sewers. (From an in-character point of view, I mean, not just "because this is a beta test and you should try everything just to see if/how it works") Is there some NPC I've missed who is supposed to give the characters some motivation to do this? If not, am I correct in assuming there will be in the final version? Because if I happened to find a sewer entrance, I'd need a damn good reason to go exploring instead of just ignoring it, and even D&D characters are crazier than me to only a finite degree.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Well, if nothing else you get the chance for some easy and much needed early XP hunting Dire Rats.

[Spoiler below]

A little later the sewers become a means to get into the Thieves' Guild if you pursue those quests.

[edit] - Damn. What color do you use to hide text? I can't figure it out to save my life...
    [2nd Edit] - Ah, figured it out. Thanks, H-K!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There's another encounter in there, and a thing with the Bailiff where-in you might get sent there when you first meet him. Otherwise its mainly a way to move around undetected, albeit it doesn't have much use in the Demo. Later on, being able to come and go without being seen, if you have the guards after you, will be useful.

Our Host!