Sewers [spoilers]

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by matmaisan, Feb 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

I've been unable to find th eentrance to the sewers. Is this a secret door that only becomes 'findable' when some plot-relevant trigger occurs (like meeting someone from the thieves guild), or is it that I'm experiencing the secret doors problem?

I assume that the entrance is in the tavern's cellar?

Are there other entrances?

2. matmaisan

matmaisan Kobold lurker

Actually, I've just found it, by using search (elf Rog3, with maxed search) instead of concentrated search, which is kind of counterintuitive... is this supposed to be like that ?

3. tkobo

tkobo Member

Is the halfing corpse tied to some quest ?I cant find anything that seems related to it.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Not yet, no. In time, it should make sense why he is there, and maybe a quest will eventuate.

Yes Matmaisan, you are encoutnering the secret door bug. The Concentrated Search thing was only introduced for the plot critical secret doors - those areas that could not be accessed any other way. There is a perfectly mundane way to get down into the sewers.

In time, of course, the Concentrated Search tool will replace ALL secret doors (except ones with animations whereby you only have to go click on them without searching, if you take my meaning). But thats a lot of work, and the Secret Door bug only manifested itself in the final (beta) test of KotB, so I fixed the essential ones and moved on.

5. Grom Fellaxe

Grom Fellaxe Dwarf Warrior

In the sewers there is that big hole in the wall that goes into an open (excavated?) place, with a nook or grotto in the back. I have tried everything I can think of to find something there. Is there supposed to be anything there, or am I assuming that your collective devious minds merely wanted poor, benighted players like myself to think that there is? I have learned the hard way with Co8 mods that all is never as it seems - which is why this mod (or new game, whatever) is so addictive.

6. Shiningted

Tis, tain't it? :)

That hole's based on a little something from Return to KotB, to get you outside the Keep (and back in) without having to pass under the gaze of the Watch. It currently does nothing.

There's a few moments like that. Sorry if they are frustrating, but this is unfinished.

7. joshuar9476

joshuar9476 Member

i figured it was just one of those hidden secret doors that cause you to pop back into the sewers like inside the dungeon.

8. Shiningted

Eventually, it will be. But it will let you pop outside the Keep.

Our Host!