Seriously, WTF am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by String7th, Apr 2, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

In fact, I haven't seen a game to do that. Some minor alignment checks maybe but nothing major. That stuff is, indeed, reserved for games with NPC-based parties.

Although, this makes pallys stand out. What happens if they are in a NG or LN party? Should the criteria for falling be different? Should pallys be allowed only in LG parties?

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The game only does what it is scripted to do in the files, dlg, python, mes, etc. My last group had a Paladin and Lodriss. Lodriss is lawful evil but the Paladin didn't care. She went to the brothel but didn't participate or fall. Normally a Paladin wouldn't be part of such things, but there's no script to prevent it.

3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

How do you get Lodriss in the group?

4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I modify the dlg and protos files. Sometimes it's hard to find a line for the add script that wont interfer with other stuff. Her inventory still works too. I like her portrait. She has a pretty smile. I gave her really good stats and later on she got the Frostbrand sword. She wound up level 10 by the end of temple level 4. Worked good. One of my better experiments.

Our Host!