Secret door won't appear

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Cattivo, Jul 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cattivo

Cattivo Member

Hey guys. I recently started a new game after downloading the 3.0.3 patch. Unfortunately, on Dungeon Level 3, the secret door that leads to the area with the Orb of Golden Death will not show up. My level 10 elf rogue with a total search skill of 19 can not find it, when he usually finds them by just walking past them (he was able to find the Thrommel door without looking for example). I even tried the spell "detect secret doors," but that didn't work, as that spell never works in general. Is there any solution to this problem? I'd like to get the orb so I can destroy it to make Zuggtmoy easier to defeat, and I'd like to get that elven chain off of that bandit in that area too, but it looks like I'll have to defeat the game without all of that stuff.

2. JKSkydiver

JKSkydiver Member

Are you looking for the door from the dungeons under the temple where you find Scorrp, Lamia, Wisps and Shadows?
    If so I don't think there is one there at all (unless my Half-Elf Rogue also missed it), but there exists another complex inside the same map, independent from the temple catacombs. You can get into it through the secret passage in the boss's room of the broken tower (the other side of the bed, opposite the chest). Leads into some underground cavern and to the east is a pass to the area with the elf chick and the wizard with the skull.
    One tip. Have someone with lots of Gather Information close to the chick as you're killing her and hope the game chooses him as the talker. Or even better kill first and ask questions later.

3. Cattivo

Cattivo Member

Oh, I forgot about that secret passage from the tower, that helped. Thanks.

There is a secret passage there, it's on the map over at GameBanshee, and I've found it during previous games. Come to think of it, I remember not finding a couple of secret doors in the Moathouse in this game, that I had found before.

Now that that problem's solve, now I got to figure a way to craft spell resistance (13) armor, without it showing up as (0) instead, and find a way to fight Tolub in Nulb and not have him claim I'm cheating after one round. I think those are unresolvable bugs though.

Our Host!