Scorrp and other questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Scryler, Jan 12, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

(Or however it is spelled.)

I'm having an AD upwelling and just can't read through the many search pages.

So some help, please.

What is the best thing to do with Scorrp? Keep him or kill him? Or just leave him alone? I feel sorry for him...but I also don't want Glory, my Paladin, to fall. (Seems like she would, anyway.)

Reading some of the stuff when I searched for Scorrp info, I read something about 16 levels of the Abyss? (Does this game never end? No wonder you guys wanted to fix the bugs...probably weren't able to get close to the end otherwise.) I haven't heard a peep about the Abyss prior to reading that post, nor anything about 16 levels. So this is rhetoric? Or something? Something?

And how does one determine that a Paladin has fallen? Does the armor change color or something? jk. But how do you tell?

Thankies in advance.

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

PLEASE tell me you named your Paladin after the Buffy villianess.

There are actually 666 layers of the Abyss. Lloth (Lareth's deity) rules the 66th plane. Zuggy, IIRC rules the 222nd plane.

It's been awhile, but I believe there's a little icon that appears under or above your paladin's portrait. You can also tell if all of your normal paladin abilities are blocked or removed from the radial menu.

3. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

It's no a good guy, remember.

I find it useful to kill the damned will o wisps on the other side. If you try to dismiss him, he will attack...there you'll have an excuse ;)

I don't think so.
    Personally, i didn't see maps for something like that, unless it uses the node maps.

A small icon appears, on the portrait, much like you are poisoned. Something like a red cross or the like. I've seen that there's also a spell effect, but i don't renember if it works.
    Go to Hommlet and accept the drinking contest and you'll see it :twisted:

4. Scryler

Sorry, no. Glory Hallelujah.

Thanks, guys. Your reponse(s) were helpful.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Its a sickly red-purple cross, easy to miss.

6. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Fair enough, fitting moniker for a female bastion of goodliness!. :thumbsup:

Although, it would be humorously ironic to have a goody two shoes paladin named after an evil minor goddess. :twisted:

But hey, it's your game and I have no clue what I'm talking about. :confused: :blahblah:

7. William_2

William_2 Member

I added him to a party with a Paladin recently, and I don't believe they fell. Can't check right now. Perhaps they did, which would show how much I use the Paladin's abilities (not much).

I did use Detect Evil on him, so the Paladin "knew". From an alignment perspective, I don't believe Paladins are expected to kill everyone who is Evil in alignment, per se. They are meant to fight evil in the broader sense, to me. So, using a giant to battle evil in the name of good seems toally reasonable - it keeps him out of trouble, and turns him into a benefit.

Traders will no longer deal with you once you have giant in tow, however. So, only add him when you have stopped bothering with that process (which can be surprisingly early if you don't want to pile up a lot of wealth you don't spend).

This most recent time I have recruited him, I have added several levels of Fighter and armored him up, and he is in fact an almost unstoppable force with an AC over 30 who does 20-odd points of damage per hit with his simple club. A full attack from him with a crit or two (he has improved crit with the club already) can deal a staggering amount of damage. He killed Hedrick so fast he didn't...ah, do anything interesting.

8. maalri

maalri Immortal

When I added Scorpp He caused Homelett to attack me even though we did nothing bad-

Kill the Giant... (if you ever want to return to Homlett w/o having to massacre everyone...)

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well this is kind of the beauty of the whole thing: you can do different things, and guess what? There will be different consequences! Adds to a phenomenon they call "replayability." I've heard that's a good thing. ;)

10. Scryler

Replayability phenomena are always good things, hmm? :eyebrow:

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Why yes. :)

12. Scryler

:chew: I am eating up my responses, instead of deleting them. Safer. I think.

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Eating your words? I thought I understood that expression. This human lingo is very strange to me. :scratchhe

So, after eating them, comes? :poop:

14. Scryler

New lows GA82, new lows.

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sadly, no. He's gone lower than that.

Our Host!