Scorpp: Why bother?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Darksabre, Nov 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Darksabre

Darksabre Member

So, I finally got my evil party down to level 3 to pick up Scorpp. I've been running the whole game with Zert, and he's useless, so just about anything would be an improvement. And sure, the big guy's an improvement over Zert. But he's not all that impressive. The troll chief is FAR better, and with Great Cleave and the Frost Brand, often wins fights for me singlehandedly. Scorpp takes up space and soaks up damage, but doesn't hit that hard, or hit that often, or swing as many times per round. It probably doesn't help that he's using a nonmagical greatclub - but presumably, the sheer size of that weapon is the reason he's doing as much damage as he is. Is this different from other people's experiences? Anyone have a suggestion for a better weapon for him? I'm keeping him for now, because a) he's better than Zert and b) it amuses me to watch him squash the poor citizens of Hommlet.

2. Skryme

Skryme Member

I just met the big fella tonight. When he levelled, I turned him into a ranger. I plan on making Scorpp an expert with two-weapon combat, dual-wielding a pair of fallen oak trees. Could be quite devastating!

Our Host!