Scorching Ray Damage?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Lord Plothos, Apr 2, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

It's supposed to be 4d6 per ray. I'm getting 2d6 for no reason. Is this a known issue? I didn't find anything about it searching the threads.

2. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

A saving throw might halve the damage...does it have one?

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The .py file certainly tries to give it 4d6 damage. :shrug: Did the target have some sort of fire resistance?

4. Lord Plothos

Not that I'm aware of. It was I think the Orc Assassin. Even with resistance, that shouldn't reduce the number of dice rolled. Nor should a saving through (and Scorching Ray doesn't allow for one and the roll window didn't report one) halve the dice rolled.

All I can think of is maybe (I didn't check this) I scored a critical and it halved the damage instead of doubling it. I believe I remember that happening to me before, now that I think about it, and I should note that later in this fight my other scorching ray did normal damage (to a different enemy). :blink:

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The script takes critical hits into account: very weird :shrug:

6. Lord Plothos

Well, this is definitely not the first time this has happened, so it's a recurring problem. Whenever you hit with a scorching ray and do 6 damage, you wonder why and take a look. Damage roll is 2d6. :blegh:

Our Host!