Same hallway has frozen the game twice...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by BestServedCold, Dec 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. BestServedCold

BestServedCold Member

L4 Temple Dungeon.

SE general area. There is an L-shaped room that is a barracks. It has a bunch of little bed alcoves. The room is filled with Ogres and Bugbears. After slaughtering them... (twice now...) , I've proceeded to a hallway starting in the N wall that turns off to the E.

The first time I entered that hallway, the game just suddenly locked up. By locking up, I mean I had to restart my PC. The second time, I was able to enter the room to the E with the 3 ogres. I had moved about 4 characters to begin the battle and the game locked up again. The majority of my party were still in the "hallway of death".

I should mention that I have had some strange things happening with my save games. I don't quicksave at all. The picture coinciding with my saves is often wrong, especially if I overwrite an old save. I have more saves under "Load" than I do under "Save" if that makes any sense.

I currently have 2 characters with spell effects they shouldn't have. One of my fighters has Mage Armor with a duration of 1745/6600. One of my clerics has See Invisibility with a duration of 12310/22000. I have no idea where these spell effects came from or how long I've had them.

I may have a bad stick of RAM. That definitely isn't helping matters any.

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Those are some weird spell effects, which remind me of the spell permancy effects people used to suffer pre-patch. Try searching for "spell permanency" & see what you can find out. As for the lock ups, you're getting close to areas where notable lag will impact your game. There are some things you can do to lessen the impact, but no cures have been found for it yet. I'd try searching for "lag" to see what is recommended for that. I'll link here with an edit if I can find out anything that will help you.

Our Host!