Salamanders and Giants and Gnolls (Oh My!)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Kalshane, Nov 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Hey, hope I'm not stepping on anybodies toes here.

Just noticed the post and since Cujo hadn't responded yet I thought I'd give it a try. The reason the white and black monk robes don't work on a female elf, is that 2 files got missed somwhere in the process. I have placed them in a zip archive. Just extract ToEE.zip into your ToEE directory and they should wind up in the right palce (ToEE/data/art/meshes/Robes).

Cuchulainn.

Edit 1/29 (fixed the attachment as per Alyx's sugestion) :dance:

Attached Files:

• ToEE.zip
      File size:
      916 bytes
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Putting fixed files into the propper file extensions and then zipping up the whole the lot usually helps (you can upload a lot more that way too). ;)

3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Whoo. Thanks, Cuchulainn. I'll give them a try tonight.

4. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Alright Alyx,

I stand properly chastised. :doh:

Was on my way to work and it didn't seem worth it for 2 files under a K.

Cuchulainn.

5. Kalshane

Those robes fixes worked great.

Playing through with the new protos.tab. So far I've had 2 rogues and a sorcerer buy it. My paladin and cleric have made it up to level 3 in the meantime. Sorcerer #2 is now 2nd level. Rogue number #1 made it to second before Lubash killed him with one blow. Rogue number two got critted by a gnoll barbarian 50 XP shy of 2nd level. Got to make up a new one, as I've exhausted my pre-created supply and had the game lockup during character creation because I forgot I had CB's portrait pack installed. Oops.

I was surprised to discover the gnolls in the moathouse were wearing the armor I had given them. I guess when Liv re-did them to fix the DR problem with them, she set them up to pull their inventory from the InvenSource.mes.

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Liv apparently did with those gnolls the same thing I'm trying to do: destroy the original and respawn another one. When you do that, the newly spawned version automaticly draws it's inventory from InvenSource.mes. So far it's working, without any more lag than my weapons and armor removing script, though I am having a little difficulty with the broken tower brigands infighting. I'm slowly working it out though.

7. Kalshane

I'm guessing there was a problem with the weapons and armor removing script, since you're trying destroying and recreating the whole creature now?

8. Cerulean the Blue

No, the script worked great. I just thought this solution would be an easier one, rather than having to create a new file for the inventory changes, and functions to read the the file. This way is quick, clean and easy (or so far it seems to be), though it may not be appropriate for every critter (I haven't looked through the entire list yet, so I'm not entirely sure). Critters that wander may have to be done the other way. We'll see.

9. Kalshane

Okay. Cool. You know what you're doing better than I do.

So my testing continues. I lost my paladin and Elmo in the fight at Imrydis Run. Elmo got paralized and then coup de graced by the sea hag and then the paladin just got ripped apart by her the next round (after the Behemoth King Frog chewed on him a bit.) The lizard men with class levels were fun. The Lizard Man druid decided to start healing the King Frog, which I wasn't expecting. (I mean, I knew some of the Lizard Men were now druids and that they had healing spells. Just didn't expect to see one in that fight.) But at 5th level I could finally afford to get Terjon to cast Raise Dead on them so I got them back. My rogue (the third) also died at the hands of the assassin. That sucked.

One thing that was weird was the King Frog wasn't forcing poison saves. He had all the other stats I had given him, but his poison wasn't working for some reason. He has it when I spawn him from the console, which is confusing.

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Interesting... must be mobbed in somehow. I don't see anything in ToEEWB to allow poisoning.

Kalshane, what sort of poison is it, and can u think of any monsters that use it successfully atm? I'll check out their mobs and see if I can find anything.

11. Kalshane

#8, Black Adder Venom. Same thing the assorted vipers have. It's very bizarre. I'll look around and see if I have another save game pre Imrydis Run. Maybe the game glitched.

12. Kalshane

So the Earth Elementals in the Earth Temple don't pull from the protos.tab. The medium ones still have DR (which they shouldn't) and both still are susceptible to sneak attacks and criticals.

Falrinth went down way too easy because my entire party beat him on initiative. I'm thinking we should add Stoneskin to his scripted pre-battle powerups, since it's another long-lasting spell.

13. Cerulean the Blue

I'll add Earth Elementals to the list of critters to be respawned. I can even make them concealed like the mobbed in ones (I think).

14. Kalshane

Thanks, CB. I'll let you know if anything else comes up weird.

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Try respawning them as is, C-Blue. My new Galeb Duhr .mobs for the nodes still concealed themselves, with no 'concealed' flag set in the new mob.

Our Host!