Sagenlicht Beta: Draconic Feats and more

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sagenlicht, Nov 2, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

No worries Pygmy, I am glad you take your time and test this. And I hope you enjoy the Marshal class :)

About the Aura switch. My bad, I changed the way I handle it, and I forgot to change a line. I have fixed it, you can download the new version:
    https://ci.appveyor.com/project/templeplus/templeplus/builds/41549095
    You can use your old save, it simply fixes the bug.

I am not 100% how charming works behind the scene, if the charmed wizard would count for is_friendly() he would gain the aura benefit, if he re-enters the aura, or a new one is started while he is charmed. I also think he would keep the benefit once the charm runs off and stays in range. If for a charmed enemy .is_friendly() does not work, then he will not benefit from the aura.

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I have tried Adrenaline Boost 3 times - each occasion has resulted in a crash. I have attached the logfile

I have been using the party I created with 3210 using update 3214. The non-marshal party members have acquired 3 immovable aura flags whilst gaining the benefit of no minor auras.

Immediately after last report I left Boatman's tavern and headed straight to Jaroo to try strange spell removal. Jaroo killed the tiefling with 1064 hps of bludgeoning damage with reincarnation failing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  3. Sagenlicht

Could you please attach your save game Pygmy.

I am little bit surprised that you have so many problems. Taking a look into the save might help me.

Now that I think of it, just adding the fix wouldn't have removed the old aura, as the old effect already was removed on the Marshal, so he can't remove it from the party members. Though stacking them up while using the fix is worring.

I assume the Game Crash results of a missing indicator. Missing indicator files easily crash the game.

4. Pygmy

Thinking about it you are most unfortunate ending up with me as a tester as my game is full of non-standard things like Titan Fighting and Improved Toughness that I am testing at the same time so I am not carrying out a valid comparison with your system. Sorry.

5. Sagenlicht

I still want to help you Pygmy :)
    First of all, stop all auras using the radial (Dismiss)
    Then for every party member having a stuck aura, please do
    Code:
    game.party[0].conditions_get()
    And replace the 0 with the position in the party, starting from the left and yeah start counting at 0.
    You then get his/her conditions. Look for the minor aura named ones and mark the first of the numbers that are listed behind its name. This is the spell_id for the aura.
    Then do
    Code:
    game.party[0].d20_send_signal(S_Spell_End, spell_id)
    and replace the 0 once again with the approprirate party slot and replace spell_id with the marked number. Now the condition is removed.

Afterwards please rest, verify that all auras are removed and save the game. Then try to use the auras once more.

Edit: Found the crash reason, please put the below file into your mes/spells folder.
    Sorry my bad, I forgot to merge that file into T+

Edit 2: pushed the fix to T+

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  6. Pygmy

I have followed the above instructions and removed all the aura conditions from every party member; I notice that the same aura had several different spell_id numbers on different people. Resting killed the aura heartbeats and after saving, quiting and reloading I have been able to apply a minor and a major aura to the party. Thank you

7. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

For easy condition removal, you can use the DM.

Sagenlicht likes this.
  8. Sagenlicht

Hmm sry I just forgot about the DM usage for this :(

I updated the first post to include Fey Heritage Feats (they synergize very well with the Marshal) and changed the attached file, so it can be reused with the Marshal Branch Tree. While doing so, please be aware that I removed the Dragon Disciple and Shaman from the files, as I am totally unhappy with the Breath Weapon handling atm and want to redo the part.

Please be aware that I also changed some hertiage constants.py entries, so you have to redo the constants.py patching for using the attached zip.

With the attached zip, it is now possible to play the Marshal with four Auras with the above feat set. Start as 1 level Sorc and take Draconic Heritage as a starting feat. Then progress in the Marshal Class and take Draconic Auras as the 3rd level feat. At level nine take a second Draconic Aua feat and at twelve take Double Draconic Aura. Do this as a human or you will take multiclass penalties. Please be aware that Draconic Auras and Marshal Auras have different ranges.

A different route for the Marshal now is to take Fey Heritage feats, resulting in spell like abilities at 6th and 9th level.

Marshal

Fully working, just aura spell_end and caster_level need some minor fixing.

Draconic Auras
    Aura just needs spell_end fixing
    Not all auras are added yet, though nearly all are done by now.
    Senses misses initiative boost
    Double Draconic Aura is untested

Fey Heritage Feats
    All finished except for the facing issue I face atm while doing Python Actions

Draconic Feats
    Some of them are allready done and working
    I removed Draconic Breath for now, same issues as all other Dragon Breath Weapons atm

Dragonheart Mage
    Is attached, but as long as Draconic Breath is not working, the class is somewhat crippled

Dragon Disciple
    Removed due Breath Weapon issues

Dragon Shaman
    same as DD

I have to re-think the whole Dragon Breath topic though :(

Pygmy likes this.
  9. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

@Sagenlicht you are an absolute madman, churning out these feats and classes like a machine! Major kudos to you, I'll get back to helping you with the issues as soon as I can.

10. Pygmy

Hello @Sagenlicht have you removed the attachment at the top of this post?

11. Sagenlicht

Thanks Sitra, I would appreciate your help once you find some time to get my thoughts straight :)

There should be a new file attached in the first post. Is this not the case?

12. Pygmy

Attachment now working thank you - I don't know what was wrong before Thank you

13. Sagenlicht

No worries, please be aware that you have to fix your constants.py once more, I fiddled with the heritage constants.

14. Pygmy

stat_level_dragonheart_mage = 85 probably needs to added to constants.py too.

Love the new stuff, especially the Fey Heritage stuff. Drat that's another 5 feats to fit into my elvish builds.

15. Sagenlicht

Wow my bad, fixed first post. I thought I sneaked that in with the Marshal, turns out I didn't.

:)

Our Host!