Run the TOEE Front-End with No-CD Patch...and nothing happens.

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by eldritchknight, Mar 10, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

2. bmass

bmass Member

@Gaear:

I have an ATI Radeon 9600XT and I'm wondering how I could go about changing the anti-aliasing settings to "Application Controlled"? I tried blackling it but that didn't get me anywhere.

Edit: I was asking if there was a way to do it without downloading the control center, but I downloaded the control center and enabled application controlled anti-aliasing and now ToEE is working. Thank you very much.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  3. eldritchknight

eldritchknight Member

@krunch: I followed all of the steps you gave above, now should I re-install the game? Also, do I install the no-cd patch after the C08 Mod or before?

@Gaear: I have Intel(R) 82810E graphics controller integrated video. I don't know how to modify the setting to anti-aliasing, or if the game will work with my integrated graphics.

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

the no-cd goes after the offical patches but before any of our mods

5. eldritchknight

eldritchknight Member

Okay, I did a fresh install, and did everything in this order:

1) Install the game.
    2) Install patch 1.0, then patch 2.0.
    3) Tried the game with the disk, got the "no cd in drive" prob.
    4) Installed the no-cd patch, tried to run the game with the fixed .exe, and had the same problem. The game just wont start at all. So it's not a problem with the mod, but with the game and/or my computer?

Should I try again with the Mod? This will be around the 4th or 5th time I've installed the game with the mod, with the same problem. I get the hourglass, my icons on the desktop flicker, then nothing.

6. Gaear

The only thing I can suggest is to go to Control Panel > Display, select the settings tab, and see if there's anything about antialiasing there. Do you have Microsoft .net framework 2.0 installed, btw? To check, go to 'Add or Remove Programs' in Control Panel and see if it's listed.

Great news. :)

7. eldritchknight

eldritchknight Member

Okay, I went and checked to see if the setting in Control Panel>Display>Settings had any options on anti-alaising, and it didn't:angry: .

I also uninstalled and reinstalled .Net Framework 2.0. Still no go:help:

8. Gaear

I suspect this has something to do with your video situation, mainly due to the fact that you say the desktop icons flicker when the game tries to launch. That may mean that it's trying to change some video setting and can't do it.

Is your color depth set to 16 bit or 32 bit? You may want to try playing around with that. (Check settings tab of 'display properties' once again.)

Otherwise, maybe buy a video card if you've got the open AGP slot on your motherboard. Seriously. (Don't blame me if that doesn't solve the problem either though. ;))

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I used to run the game with onboard graphics till that PC died

10. eldritchknight

eldritchknight Member

My graphics only go to 24-bit.

Alright, well my birthday is in April, something to put on the list.

How do you tell if your AGP slot is open? And what is a good, cheap card, preferably $60.00 or less?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

look inside your PC or get someone who knows about computers to look

12. eldritchknight

eldritchknight Member

Okay, it looks like I don't have AGP slot, only PCI. I'm gueesing that AGP is better? Whats the dif?

Thanks for the help with the noob questions.

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Well, at least we know the game is installed and patched correctly. :)

one of 3 things
    - the installed video driver
    - a video option setting
    - the amount of RAM memory installed

If installing the accelerator and installing the updated video graphics driver does not make it so the game video works on launching the game and displaying the splash screens and intro cinematic movie, open the display properties and change the video to use 16-bit color (high).

Here is another thing for you to check.

Right-click My Computer > click Properties
    Look at the General (tab) page to see what it shows for memory.
    * That computer probably supports a total maximum of 512 MB RAM.

There is (should be) a BIOS setting for the video memory sharing. Check the manual that came with the computer. Set this option to at least 32 MB if not already set. Again, check the manual that came with the computer.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Take the side (or top) off your PC to see if you have an AGP card. The AGP slot is BROWN, the whole damn slot is brown. If it is empty, you are using onboard graphics (or, far less likely, some other sort of card). If the brown slot has a card in it and the back of that card (the bit that sticks out of the PC) has a blue port and that port has a cable going up to the monitor, you have an AGP graphics card.

if you have never pulled the side (or top) off your PC, do so at once. Its a very liberating experience. Just don't touch anything in there without grounding yourself first - we don't want static electricity messing with anything :zap:

If you don't have an AGP slot, thats a real shame :no:

15. eldritchknight

eldritchknight Member

@Krunch: Tried everything except the BIOS thing, got this computer used, didn't come w/ a manual. And my system has 192 MB of RAM.

@Shiningted: Yeah I looked in my computer, I did not see any AGP port. Sounds like I might need a new computer.

Our Host!