Rogues and improved trip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mudpuppet, Jul 20, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Mudpuppet

Mudpuppet Member

Hi all,

Been musing over this recently and finally tested it out. Rogues getting sneak attacks on their attack after a trip attack after improved trip.

As far as i know it should work as prone opponents, i thought, would be sneak attackable. However it isnt, all my rogues attacks after a trip attack seem to count just as regular attacks.

Is this how it is supposed to work? It seems very odd to me that a tripped opponent would retain their dexterity bonus to armor while lying on the floor prone.

Mudpuppet

2. Azured

Azured Lethal but deadly.

I rise from the tombs again as ToEE seems to spark my interest in it time after time...

To answer your questions, creatures lying prone do infact retain their Dex bonus to AC - however, they do take a -4 penalty to AC. That means they really are easier to hit but it also prevents sneak attacks against them. I suppose this represents the fact that a prone creature can still roll on the ground to avoid blows etc.

Anyways, off to download the new version of the mod... again!

3. Mudpuppet

Mudpuppet Member

BAH! There goes my rogue monk plan.

Thanks for the clarification Azured.

Mud

Our Host!