Rogue bonus feats bug @ level 13

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by headhunter, Jun 5, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. headhunter

headhunter Member

Ok, at level 13, my rogue got his bonus feat thingy. However, all of his special rogue feats showed up as regular feats! (White, not yellow.) As a result, he could not choose a feat at level 13 as a rogue, so I just took a level of fighter. (Interestingly, the bonus rogue feats still showed on the list, as white, so once I get to 15, I assume I can take them as a regular feat)

However, what I'd really have preferred is to be able to keep him as a straight rogue. Anyone know how to do this once the rogue hits 13? Also, can someone tell me how to change a character's feats from the editor?

Thanks.

2. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Nope. I already reported that bug in the past. many classes have similar problems and sometimes it is necessary to dualclass to something else.

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

i think its caused by ToEE supposed to only go up to level 10

4. 0rion79

Yes, but not only. The game effectively messes up with bonus feats and this is a bug.
    instead, it is a game limit when spellcasters can't level up because there are no more spells to choose.

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yes but...

i've never had that problem before lvl 10 only ever after lvl 10. probably when they made the game they didn't think anyone would be going over lvl 10 so didn't bother to fix any of the potential problems associated with the no level cap.

6. headhunter

headhunter Member

Well, no easy fix apparently. It looks like you can at least still select the bonus feats from a different class - so once you hit thief 10, you can go fighter for the rest of the way and still gain some of the other bonus rogue feats.

7. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

This should be easy to fix, at least by those of us savvy enough to mod the game. I mean, you could add a bunch of sixth-level spells called Don't Memorize I, II, III, ... that don't do anything. Looking at what Moebius did with his fix, this should be easy.

8. 0rion79

I'm afraid that, for a sorcerer that automatically momorizes them, it may mess up the game.

9. Ki Rin Ryu

Ki Rin Ryu Member

well my rogue is now lv 15 and very happy to be a rogue :) no need to multiclass, so what if you dont get feats you should this game is easy anyway ;)

Our Host!