Resting and healing incongruities

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rook Hudson, Apr 29, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rook Hudson

Rook Hudson Member

Here is an odd thing about resting to heal.

If you have a character in your party who is injured for, say, 3 hps, and you want to heal him/her, and you open up the rest window the option to rest which allows the character to fully heal says three days required. For this example I am using a character that has no bonuses to healing from Constitution or anything, so he/she heals one hp per day.

However if instead of choosing to rest until healed you choose to rest just 8 hours, then rest another 8 hours, then finally another 8 hours then that character also gets his/her 3 hps healed but the time taken is one third the time taken if the 'rest until healed' option. In other words choosing to 'rest until healed' is three times slower.

Also if any accompanying NPCs or companions or dominated undead are injured and you click on the rest until healed option the game does not seem to recognise these non PCs and shows zero days required, which is wrong. You have to manually override it by changing the number in the window from zero days to however many it would take to heal the NPCs, companions or undead. The game designers did not think healing and resting through properly I think.

The solution should be that the game recognises all injured creatures, PCs, NPCs, undead in the party and computes the number of days needed to heal on the basis of one 8hr unit of rest heals one point (to be modified per character according to constitution, etc, of course), so a day heals three points, not one without modification. Alternatively, if the correct heal rate is only one point per day not per 8hrs, then an 8hr rest alone should not heal anything, or only a third of what a day heals.

This is something for the modders to fix I think.

Our Host!