Rescuing Gaol Prisoner -- SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by relic, May 11, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. relic

relic Established Member

Is the quest to rescue the thieves guild prisoner from the gaol still busted? I read through some threads where other people got trapped in the cell and were unable to complete the quest. I'm having the same problem.

I can't seem to talk to the prisoner unless I'm in the cell. Once I'm in, I can't get out. The lock can't be picked, and none of the guards seem to have a key. Also, other prisoners run out of their locked cells and attack me. I saw a post where this problem was supposed to be patched, and I'm using the latest patch, 1.0.3.1, but I'm still having problems.

Are there any workarounds? Can the cell door be Knocked?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean by 'the lock can't be picked'. Is the DC too high? Or do you just not get the option to try? The problems with this scenario were entirely in the dialogue, this is a new one. Did you try picking it to get in or did you just click on the prisoner to talk, thereby walking straight through the locked door? Thats a bug in the game (can't be gotten rid of and believe me, I have tried) so maybe you might wanna try to pick the door before you go in: it may only be pickable from one side for some reason (though it is not deliberately set up that way).

3. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

Don't know about the picking thing, but the door can defently be knocked, from inside aswell.

4. relic

relic Established Member

Sorry I wasn't more concise. My third level thief has a 10 open lock value (6 base, plus 4 for dexterity). When I try open lock on the cell door (inside or outside the cell), I just get the blue "locked" word float and nothing shows up in the die roll box about DC. I am in the sneak mode when I do this. It's behaving like one of those magically locked doors in TOEE that can't be picked or Knocked. My characters do walk straight through the locked door to talk to the prisoner.

The Knock spell sounds like a solution. I'll have to knock off a few guards, but hey, I'm neutral evil.

5. Shiningted

Well thats definitely a bug, in your game anyway - you are selecting 'pick lock' or whatever its called from the radial menu? Sorry to be pedantic but no-one else is having this problem - I'll give it a test anyway.

6. relic

relic Established Member

No problem, Ted. Yes, I am selecting the 'pick lock' from the radial menu. It seems no one else is having this problem, so I don't know what's up.

7. Winkle

Winkle Member

So I've opened all the cells. Crazy Ivan is crazy. Shady guy won't talk to me. And Hank will only "look at me glumly" and then "turn away." The doors are all opened, some of the guards are sleeping... I've searched all over the prison. Am I missing something? Now I'm stuck in the prison! Help, help--a clue....

8. Shiningted

Sounds like you are missing the latest little patch in the final post of THIS thread.

Our Host!