Removing Otiluke's Resillient Sphere

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Barles, Feb 28, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Barles

Barles Member

Lets say I cast Otiluke's Resillient Sphere on an enemy to keep them out of combat. Is there a way to remove it without a Dispel Magic? For that matter, is there a way to do it if you cast it on yourself or another party memeber? I cast the spell on a flying frost drake and it persisted through 50 rounds of combat before I reloaded fought without it.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Isn't there a dismiss spells option in the radial dial?

3. Barles

Barles Member

There is, but that did not work.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

According to the PHB a round of combat is only 6 seconds and ORS lasts for 1 minute / casterlevel, so at a minimum of 7th level to cast a 4th level spell:
    7 minutes ( 7 X 60 : 6 = 70 rounds ). If your caster had a higher level even longer.
    Waiting 50 rounds is not long enough to wait out for the end of the spell.

5. sundog

sundog Member

The PC or monster caught in that spell needs to be ignored by the AI...i've had very intelligent monsters beating the crap out of someone in a sphere for the rest of the combat....they would realize quick the target wasn't getting hurt and turn on the guy behind them smacking them to death lol.....this is an original ToEE flaw not Co8's fault. However if you could change it so that the AI ignores a Sphered target that would be awesome and make alot more sense if you ask me. If you rely on that as a combat tactic its pretty cheap tbh.
    Also yes i agree being able to dismiss it would be nice, Thanks again Co8

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If the radial menu option did not dismiss it I would recommend first resting for eight hours, if that fails go and see Jaroo.

7. Barles

Barles Member

Well, in this case the problem was getting out of combat to be able to go anywhere to begin with. Fleeing combat for some reason came up as an invalid action.

Our Host!