Removing characters

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by oudeis, Apr 21, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. oudeis

oudeis Member

I need to remove a character in my party due to some bad feat choices early on, but I can't do it through the guestbook because his portrait doesn't show up. I tried using the command found in the list in this thread but nothing seems to happen. It seems a bit cruel to send him charging barehanded at a troll just to kill him off, and I don't think my Paladin would permit cold-blooded murder :cool2:, so what can I do?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Change his order in the party?

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

The console commands only work for NPCs and the logbook only works for PCs. Which are you trying to remove?

4. oudeis

oudeis Member

I changed the number of available PC slots to eight using the ToEE front end, so he is a PC. I tried sliding him into one of the viewable slots but he wouldn't go. I might just start over with a new versions of my characters, which will give me not only the chance to start with improved concepts, but the thrilling newbie fear where every battle or random encounter could prove fatal. If someone knows how to solve the problem in my OP, though, I'm still interested.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Usually you just click on the portrait and at the bottom you have the option to remove. Remove all equipment before hand, the click remove.

6. Shadowblade2

Shadowblade2 Established Member

You abviously have to be able to see the character in the guest book view of the character pool, so he'll have to be in slot 1 to 5. Click hard and then click remove. I find the mouse behaves erratically in that environment; doesn't move smoothly, doen't register a gentle click etc.

The character removal method is hokey. I'd prefer to just click on them or talk to them and ask them to leave, like you can with NPCs. You should be able to leave them standing aroudn in various locations, like with BG and every other AD&D CRPG that's ever been released.

~

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'm not sure you can leave the PC standing around in BG ;) But if we could do that, we would.

Our Host!