Release: Dllfix12

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Spellslinger, Oct 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

-Fixes the Inspire Courage bardic music ability. Boni provided now scale correctly with bard level, and in synergy with the D20STD_F related fixes the boni for save and charm saves are now enabled.

-Fixes the generation of the D20STD_F flags inside the dll. The original algorithm introduced a shift of all descriptor flags by 1, thus breaking all checks via these flags. The fixed algorithm enables the application of fear save bonuses, e.g. provided by Bless, Aid, Inspire Courage or Halfling racial bonus.

While working on the courage fix I noticed that the flag for charm effects wasn't set for the appropriate effects. Hazelnut pointed out to me that the D20STD_F flags were also used in python scripting. With him providing the scripting expertise, we were able to understand and fix the problem. Hazelnut will release the updated scripts that are needed to enable the charm save bonuses of Inspire Courage. He has already released a fix for the POISON flag in the "5.0.1 Mods and Fixes" thread.

http://files.co8.org/mods/dllfix12.rar

2. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Nice work Spellslinger, you just keep kranking them out.:notworthy

I know a lot of folks around here have been disapointed with the broken bardic abilities. It's very encouraging to see the problems we've been aware of but unable to fix before, falling like orange cows in hunting season. ;-)

Keep ut the great work.

Cuchulainn.

3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Does Dllfix12 include the worldmap changes from fix11? (I assume it would.) I would like to use the fixes in 12, but I am not looking forward to having all my save games made unusable and have to restart just now - (I'm about to hit the Nodes, and the courage effects will be very handy, very soon. :eyebrow: )

4. Spellslinger

Yes, a new dllfix always has all the changes of the previous ones. I'd suggest you just finish up this game (you can handle the nodes without v12 just fine, I didn't encounter anything unbeatable). And after that, you start a new game and enjoy the benefits of v12 or later (maybe take a bard with you ;) ).

I really don't want to maintain two different dll variants with all upcoming fixes. If you are seriously desperate to have them in your v10, you can always fire up Ollydbg and put them in yourself. All changes are in the notes.

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Wow. That is awesome. Great job Spellslinger and Hazelnut!

6. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Oh, no, I wasn't trying to suggest you should do that! I was more or less just thinking aloud. :blahblah: You are absolutely right, I will finish this game (I've done it before, one more w/o the courage won't kill me,) and by then, dllfix12 will probably be in the Cumulative Updates anyways.

Oh, and btw, Great Work, dude!

7. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Thanks Kalshane.

Can you possibly clarify a rules issue for me? The bard's inpire courage says "An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects" and charm links to the section about charm and compulsion effects. (www.d20srd.org) So, should the morale bonus apply to both charm and compulsion subschool effects or just charm ones? Incidentally, Troika marked all the compulsion subschool spells as being in the charm subschool - so maybe that indicates that they intended bonuses to work for both?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  8. Spellslinger

Oh Great Confusor, following the description on SRD, I'd say Charm refers only to charm subschool spells. But Kalshane for the rescue. :blahblah:

9. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

The thing is, if Inspired Courage only affects charm subschool and not compulsion subschool, then inspire courage will be not help against the Balor because the Balor uses suggestion. This seems pretty rubbish to me, since I can't recall anywhere else much where you do get charmed... anyone?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  10. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

The Lamia.

11. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Only if it lives long enough... :aaaa:

12. MB

MB Member

Where does the dllfix12 go (what folder?). I installed it and have a CTD when I go to check inventory right at Jade Empress.

13. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

It should only apply to the Charm subschool. However, part of the problem stems from how Troika implemented Suggestion. They made it similar to Dominate Person in that it gives you total control over the person, whereas it's supposed to simply convince the target to perform a single "reasonable" task and then expire.

However, the morale bonus should not apply to other compulsion spells, like Dominate Person and Power Word Stun.

14. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

So, can I make the morale bonus apply to suggestion or not? If I don't then you get no help against the Balor.

15. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I say it shouldn't apply to Suggestion if Suggestion isn't of the Charm sub-school.

Our Host!