RELEASE: Circle of Eight Mod Pack 3.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by zhuge, Jun 2, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

RELEASE: Circle of Eight Mod Pack 3.0.3

My apologies for the long wait. Using the merged files incorporating Shin's looting fix and Fred's AI fix with Co8 2.0 patch as template, I have integrated data file changes from the 2nd official patch with minor changes from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd fix lists as well as Auldar's fixes and a few other minor corrections.

http://home.rochester.rr.com/hold4nomad/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V3-0-3.zip

My deepest thanks goes out to all fellow modders who contributed to the fixes to help to make this possible.

Special thanks to Steve Moret for his continuing support for the game.

For our audience at Atari and Co8 boards, who have been waiting patiently for months, thanks for your support and encouragement

Happy gaming.
    v3.0.3 (8/6/04)
    -Added Animal Growth and Rage as scribable spells. Dispel Water should also be scribable.
    -Correct Craft Rod showing up in radial menu as Forge Arms & Armor
    -Corrected hyperlink for Cure Light Wounds, Mass...also correctly tagged as conjuration
    -Corrected typo in IvenSource.mes that cause elven maiden to not give blue elven chain as reward

v3.0.2 (8/6/04)
    Changelog:
    -corrected corrupted help.tab
    -restored Large Wooden shields to proper equip slot
    -enabled Scather and katanas to be used 1-handed with proper proficiency (corrected weapon size)
    -amended damage for Scather
    -corrected short text error for Greater Magic Fang
    -deleted a few unnecessary files in mod pack (introduced by myself)

v3.0.1 (4/6/04)
    Changelog:
    -changed all previously coded Monster Juggernaut to Monster Plant to restore sensitivity to elemental damage, added Monster Plant to skeleton gnolls for spell resistance purposes
    -restored Masterwork light crossbow and Masterwork heavy crossbow as 2-handed weapons.
    -added some cosmetic corrections to the game interface for:
    -Chill Touch incorrectly displayed as Transmutation instead of Necromancy
    -Greater Command in the Cleric spell memorization area doesn't have any short text describing what it does.

3.0.0 CHANGELOG:
    (bugs fully covered by 2nd official patch are not repeated here)

GENERAL
    -Shin's fix for looting
    -Fred's AI amendment
    -hefty changes in start_equipment.mes to better reflect PHB settings
    -minor data file fixes from 2nd official patch incorporated

ITEMS
    -Fixed problems with armor/shield skill check penalties (post patch) [14+ items]
    -Fixed misc issues with item weight (Col51)/price Col52)/magical flags (Col50) [9 items]
    -Fixed issues with uncopyable spells [10 spells], unscribable scrolls [3 scrolls], scrolls with no spell prerequisites [1 scroll], uncraftable wands [1 wand]
    -Fixed enhancement bonus of Holy Longsword
    -Modified stats for Great Cleaver
    -Changed all javelins to 1 handers
    -Partial fix for Javelin of Lightning
    -Partial fix for Potions of Eagle's Splendor, Heroism, Superheroism
    -Suggested fix for Chime of Opening
    -Suggested fix for Oohlgrist's emerald belt
    -Fixed Monks not proficient in halfling sianghams
    -Fixed Blue Elven Chain not given as reward for Tillahi's rescue
    -Pouch of Bullets added to Brother Smyth and Otis's store inventories
    -corrected Xbow size for Wonnilon's repeating Xbow and Masterwork Light Crossbow
    -Masterwork Guisarme corrected (was previously almost a Masterwork Battleaxe)
    -suggested fix for Rope of Entanglement
    -Black Jay's items identified
    -amending Protection from Law to item_creation.mes
    -Amulet of Natural Armor +3 is now craftable as per 3.5e rules
    -gloves of giant strength substituted with belts of giant strength

NPC/DIALOGUE
    -corrected party not receiving Jaer's fireballs
    -Corrected Alrrem's dialogue (1 major bug involving not getting the 3rd quest after completing the 2nd quest with violent means and 2 other minor bugs)
    -Corrected Thrommel attaching himself like a charmed monster when the party is already at max followers
    -Teamster now sets flag that the courier is suspicious.
    -Dala now completes her quest properly

SPELLS
    -Fixed duration for Ice Storm
    -Fixed duration for Guidance
    -Fixed duration for Silence
    -corrected Goodberry (will now expire after use)
    -suggested fix for permanency for demons, elementals and Mordenkainen's Faithful Hound
    -suggested fix for dismissal affecting non-extraplanar creatures
    -Corrected daze which previously checked for size instead of hit dice as criteria
    -Corrected produce flame. It will now cap maximum bonus damage at +5
    -Shout damage corrected to 5d6
    -corrected duration of Protection from Good/Evil/Law/Chaos spells

CREATURES
    -Nerfed Scorpp's stats to reflect 3.5e SRD better and to prevent parties hiring Scorpp from being overpowered
    -further Scorpp changes (wield club instead of Xbow)
    -corrected the natural armor of ogres
    -Corrected many creature immunities:
    including elementals vulnerable to sneak attack, skeletons and zombies have no immunity to Tasha's HL, skeletons and elementals affected by cloudkill poison, stinking cloud, etc... the will o' the wisps Spell Immunity has also been given a close approximation, also various mind-affecting spells should now encounter proper immunity when cast on elementals/oozes/undead...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2004
  2. gandalf333

gandalf333 Member

Can someone please repack the .rar file to a .zip file. My Win XP Pro barfs on .rar files and the windows links for solutions to unpack .rar files cost $$$$. Help!!

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

gandalf:

You can download WinRar in a trial version. You'll get annoying messages after 40 days, but it'll still work.

As to the download sites, I'll check my yahoo briefcase. Maybe there's something I need to do to my public folder to make it shareable.

4. isprog

isprog Member

Try WInZip 9.0

Gandulf333.
    Download latest version of WinZip 9.0 - handles RAR files. Alternatively download WinRAR evaluation copy.

Goodluck

5. gygaxian

gygaxian Member

DO Bugbears Trip now?

I heard a rumor that previous Co8 patches make unintentional changes to the games AI -- bugbears that used to use TRIP ATTACKS no longer did so after Co8 2.x patch..

Are bugbears tripping properly with Co8 3.x patch ?

6. zhuge

@gygaxian:
    There were some undocumented changes in the 1st official patch which caused this issue. Due to our haste, Co8 v2.x patches did not incorporate these changes as we were not aware that they had been done. I apologize for our tardiness in correcting the issue. Fred Richardson has released an AI fix for this some time ago for v2.x patches which has already incorporated Shin's looting fix.

The currently released version: Co8 v3.0.1, incorporates Fred's AI fix, Shin's looting fix and all other minor fixes detailed above in the Changelog and can be downloaded here:

--ED: updated to point at 3.0.3

http://home.rochester.rr.com/hold4nomad/ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V3-0-3.zip

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2004
  7. Helmo

Helmo Member

I have just bought ToEE. Which patch do I have to install first? The oficcial 2.0 patch or the Co8 3.0 patch?. Do I have to install Co8 1.0 and 2.0 patches before installing Co8 3.0?. Will I find some problems if I install both the oficcial 2.0 patch AND Co8 3.0?
    Thank you very, very much.

8. zhuge

The 2nd official patch (TOEE_USA_ANY-PATCH2.EXE) is a standalone patch. You will not need prior patching with the 1st official patch.

Download it here:
    http://www.atarisupport.com/newfaq/...?browser=1&osType=WINXP&pageDisplay=DOWNLOADS

After patching with the game with the 2nd official patch, you have a choice of whether you want to also use Co8 patches. Read through our fix lists before you decide.
    If you do decide that you want our fixes, the only patch you need is Co8 Mod Pack 3.0.1 (ToEE_Circle_of_Eight_Release_301.rar).

After downloading it, unzip the contents and copy over the files and folders within to the Temple of Elemental Evil directory.

9. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

zhuge:

I posted this at Atari as well. Your new link is giving a "not authorized to view this page" error. If you can fix this, or email me the file, I'll post it to my briefcase as well.

I'll do what I can to assist in maintaining the mod pack, but I will need some assistance (more likely, I'll be an assistant to whoever else we find). I'm enjoying the mod work, but I also work full time and and in the middle of online college courses, so my time is also limited. Not to mention I have a 2 and a half year old son who requires at least an hour of playing cars every night :)

Actually, if someone would volunteer to be the tester, I could probably do the coding. I can get the code in pretty quickly and easily, but I don't have time to play test it (which takes longer). I am familiar witht he formats and such at this point, so hopefully I can help with keeping it up to date.

10. zhuge

@taltamir:
    I asked for opinions regarding the Glove to Belt and it was agreed upon that the implementation was Ok. There are also some problems with items not working properly when affixed in the wrong slot. I'll give it some thought but there really should be a proper consensus on these things before any decision is made.

I've already e-mailed Exitium the v3.0.2 mod pack. If he hasn't already packaged it, I'll send him v3.0.3 (when it is stable). I can't say for sure how long he needs to package and upload it to the main site. He's probably busy.

If there's anyone who wants to merge v3.0 changes into the html page info that would be appreciated.

Thanks for volunteering as a tester. Please have a look (and try to reconfirm or refute) at some of the bugs at:
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=388146

11. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

ok. sorry i've been absent for a while; i needed to make a little money. In any case, i've started analyzing the changes made to the protos file by 3.02, and other things. i'll edit this post as i find more.

1. I think we need to fix looting once and for all. I notice in the share field that most npcs still have no value fixed for looting behavior (which means by default they loot anything for full share). I would be happy to ammend all npcs (without any fixed looting behavior already) to loot 1/2 share money only, if that would be prefered?

2. i played around with the levelup file some. as others before i had problems getting desired results, but i did figure out how to disable it. when you disable it, (i.e., leave it but make an entry in it disfunctional) then npc's levelup just like pc's do. What do folks here think about offering this as an option?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2004
  12. zhuge

Regarding looting, Steve mentioned on the FDT mailing list that he already had something in mind. Ask the mailing list to mail you the archives and you can look through them for this particular issue. I think having NPCs loot their share is realistic though some NPCs which are indebted to you shouldn't really loot. Shin may have made a few changes to Serena and Meleny.

Having NPCs leveling up like PCs is a great find. Could you post the modified levelup.tab somewhere. If the file is not too big, you could even attach it to a message in a thread.

13. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

It would be *great* if you could set all the NPC hirelings to full money share, no object looting.

In PnP D&D, NO hireling would be allowed ANY pick of the loot unless it was generic gear or crap that the original party members didn't have room for/coulden't be bothered to carry. They certainly woulden't have FIRST SHOT at ANYTHING, much less the MAGICAL stuff. If they tried, they'd find the fighter cracking his knuckles and the wizard asking them if they like themselves fireball'd in the morning.

Magical stuff and gear is the domain of the PCs. NPCs should get money only. A full share, true, but they should not get any pick of the loot. That's the most aggrevating thing about the NPCs, and why I NEVER hire them. (that and the way they interrupt my talking to vendors.) Is there any way you could set them to trade with the vendor automatically, without making me confirm that silly stuff? So it's one click, then I get to my vendor screen, like normal? None of this "Hold on, I've got another customer ahead of you." crap.

14. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

so it looks like the consensus so far is to set looting for all npc's to full money share only, yes?

as for making npc's level like pc's; it can be done on a case by case basis, or for all of the npc's listed in the levelup tab. I think the easy way would be to make it so folks would simply have the option of all/none npc levelup like pc thing. that way, we could simply post the modified levelup.tab file and allow users to overwrite their previous levelup.tab file.

15. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

Perhaps it would be easier to fix the looting issue in protos.tab - simply set ALL items as "not lootable by followers?"

Of course, doing in the follower's own section would probabebly be less of a slapdash fix. :)

Our Host!