Recruiting Four Regular Players

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gaear, Aug 24, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

I know exactly what you mean. I am not seeing lag or jerkstop in 7.5 as of yet. My big issue so far is the lack of a nulb ambush. :(

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Well, my assassin finally showed up, he was with the group Rannos hired to do us in at our summer cottage.

I have to say, he made that encounter much more entertaining to say the least!

No lag or jerky business so far, am still working on the Temple and will go to Verbo when I get to the Nodes.

I have had a few more freeze ups when exiting the WW though and it says my save is corrupted, (the save just before exiting the WW).

3. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Also no lag or jerkstop to report, haven't gotten to any of the "classic" problem areas yet, but so far with 7.5 all has been smooth..should have level 2 of the temple cleared out while watching the Browns actually beat Dallas. But I had no lag/jerkstop problems with the fire temple in the last version and based on the smooth game play so far expect no issues in this one.

4. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I'm actually picking the Browns in my weekly football picks on yahoo- the Cowboys blow- but I'm a Steeler fan myself...:thumbsup:

5. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Before we get scolded by Gaear and shoved over to the General discussion thread for being off topic..I'll just finish with wow the Browns sure know how to shoot themselves in the foot:shame:

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I just hit dungeon level 4 in the temple, and had some bad lag in Barkinar's room. It seemed to clear once my party spotted the secret door in the opposite wall. What was odd is that my half-orc had been in an out of that room before with no trouble. It was only when I brought the elves in that there was a hang up.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

OK, I actually have a report on lag to hum ... Report. Heh heh

In the Earth Node I am experiencing 8-15 second lags, this usually clears up after I have been there for a while and is mainly if I move the screen to match the party's movement, yes I'm aware it's best not to move the screen until they're done moving but I forget and want to watch the cave be revealed.

Man, TOEE has such beautifully painted backgrounds!

I also had a little jerkstop in Hommlet when coming out of the WW. I'm calling it jerkstop because my party will move, but only a short distance and far short of where I selected for them to move. Also, the Smyth is frozen when this happens. I have been able to replicate this a few times, it's kind of hit and miss from a save I have just before coming downstairs in the WW.

8. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

That's Jerkstop, by definition.

9. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I just finished up the nodes. In the Fire Node, I experienced minor lag when just panning (i.e. not while also moving). Moving and panning at the same time inflicted the usual amount of lag.

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

*sigh* That's so disappointing. :sadblinky

11. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

For what it's worth, I experienced some in Hommlet in 7.3 before I abandoned the game again. I can push it a little further to see if it develops fully.

12. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

On Dungeon Level 4, I experienced two episodes of minute-plus lag. The first time, I was just panning west (my party had already moved and stopped). The second time one character was moving, and I was again panning west. The second time was almost two minutes.

13. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I'm up to the War of the Golden Skull. The good news is there's no sign of jerk stop. The bad news is epic lag when trying to pan west after taking care of the tower attack and east road guards. I had already taken down the town defense, grove and inn attacks, as well as the eastern and southern patrols. The lag was so bad trying get back west, I had to kill the process (it was sucking up 100% of one processor with no end in sight). That was after I'd already recovered from a 2 minute+ episode of lag.

14. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I just finished the War of the Golden Skull. No jerk stop at any point, thank you Gaear! There was additional lag, but nothing requiring a Ctrl-Alt-Del this time. The northern patrol was only five Hextorites this time (all the others were six), but the quest completed just fine. While doing the quest, I noticed the various barrels around the town were missing, but I chalked that up to fixing jerk stop. Also, I ducked into the leather worker's shop while combatting lag, and found Bing still hanging around. He was fully functional as a merchant, too. The rest of the family was apparently where they belonged during the war.

15. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Oddly, I've just experienced an early version of jerkstop after the WotGS. My characters were OK, but Brother Smith was frozen in combat pose. A trip out of town and back fixed it.

Our Host!