Rannos and Gremag

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by spurchief, Aug 5, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Resting in the Temple to gain extra experience points from the encounters generated as a result is an exploit known as "farming" experience points. That's why all your PC's are 17th level; and to answer Wizgeorge on this, I'll wager your paladin has fallen. One thing you've missed out on in not having a background in PnP D&D is a DM to move you along from an area that isn't safe to rest. In a "regulation" campaign, you'd only make that mistake once...if any of your characters lived. This game lacks a DM, so players can get away with things that normally wouldn't occur. The second thing you've not picked up on as a result of your limited gaming experience (with things besides computers; aka people) is the ability to role play. So-called CRPG's are really NOT; they just mimic it with software. Role playing is acting, more or less, and you'd have to do that to succeed in PnP. You roll up a character - act like that character during the game - and do the best you can with what the dice deal out to you in the way of fate. That's the game. Some of the more advanced campaigns have more role playing than combat; but there can be no heroic fantasy without situations requiring heroic deeds...so, we all seek out combat for the challenge & rewards in the game. Stick with the "regulation" play, and you'll feel like you accomplished more than just clicking your mouse & clearing the map of mobile objects.

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Now now kiddies, no need to criticize. How anyone choses to play their copy of ToEE is totally up to them.

I cheat to make the game more fun for me (like making a CE fighter/cleric/rogue with an auora of courage cos there are no blackguards) or exprimenting with different things to exploit the AI (low hp,low AC and damage reduction) but then I only loot key items and seldom ID anything (its more fun drinking a potion when you don't know what it is)

I'll cheat in pretty much any new game I get untill I get the jist of how it works so I don't get frustrated and stop playing.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Speaking of cheating, if you saw My Documents with all the protos files, dlg, custom portraits, players, etc,well. I'm ready for anything! I did play 5.0.4 to endgame fair-n-square. I lost several players, Fruella 3 times, pc wizard 3 times and Z killed Elmo. The fight with Z must have took 2 hours! I never lost anyone in the nodes, not even to Balor. Luck. 5.0.4 is hard. You need all the help you can get. Oh, and I didn't use the S&W.50cal either.

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I couldn't agree more; but if you'd read a little more closely, you'd have seen that this was constructive criticism. I never once said anything about cheating...just that it's more fun to play with & against people. And when those aren't available, stick as close to the regs as possible.

Our Host!