Random Encounters & Lotus

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by PharaunMizzrym, Aug 14, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. PharaunMizzrym

PharaunMizzrym Member

Could someone describe how this marsh map actually looks like? 'Cause I always get only riverside or forest :(

2. KillerSonic

KillerSonic Established Member

or maybe because when create items it's the only way to test them?

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Whatever...most folks around here don't like it when people call them cheaters. It's rude. If you don't want to 'cheat' then don't...but leave others to enjoy their game. This forum is for modding & exploring all the possibilities this game has to offer, and when dip-$#!+ spammers start flinging names around, it pisses me off.

So knock it off.

:finger:

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well the lotus is not .mobed in, and if it is not happening in a specific encounter, I don't know how Liv has done it. So i don't know how you can tell if you have 'missed' it or not (as we all know from waiting for Scather, sometimes things just don't show up).

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I think ithe lotus is spawned in the random_encounter.py, lines 86-88. I haven't figured out exacty how it's triggered yet (noob to python don't ya know).

6. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

It looks like it's linked to the encounter area (a swamp); it's not linked to any specific monsters.

7. Shiningted

Yeah Cerulean was right, but its flagged, so you get one chance to grab it. If you miss it, its gone I would say.

8. Cerulean the Blue

IIRC Liv once mentioned something about you have x amount of days (90 I think) after the first time you find that map to find it again and retrieve the Lotus. Has anyone ever found that map twice? (I know you haven't Ted. You haven't found it the first time yet.)

9. Belgham

Belgham Member

First time around, I botched the quest for no reason. The only explaination is that I have encountered the lotus and not picked it up, hence failing the quest.
    As far as the marsh is concerned, it is similar Imeryds Run area. You will be walking in murky water.

10. Cerulean the Blue

I think I've figured out a way to make the game give you a 1 in x chance of having a random encounter in the swamp map if you have accepted the quest. Is anybody interested, and if so, what do you think x should be? I still need to do some testing, and of course I don't even know how to post it once I get it to work.

11. Shiningted

I have no idea what x should be, I just wanted to say well done Cerulean! :rock:

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

x+z+7=19
    2(z+3)=x/2

nah I reckon between 1:20 and 1:50

13. Cerulean the Blue

That would mean a 2-5% chance per random encouter. In my first test I set it to 1:3, and I still went through 6 random encounters before I hit one in the swamp. I suppose I could use a global variable and make it so that after y number of random encounters if you haven't had on in the swamp your next one will be. Wasn't there a thread around here somewhere that listed which variables and flags where safe to use?

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Livonya used 700-899, Agetian helped me to use 999 for the shop map thing, I'm not sure which ones Ted is using. I did post a thread saying I want to use Such and such a number range (but I haven't started that yet).

15. KillerSonic

KillerSonic Established Member

I'm working on a merchant that comes from some place that has lots of swamp nearby and who will sell it to you for a 'small' prize(it is a quest item after all)

first i really need to know if darely's dlg works(i would check it myself but toee just crashes when loading:mad:)

Our Host!