Quick Poll: The Provisioner

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 7, 2009.

Remove all ads!
?

What should we do about the Provisioner's Store?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2009.
  1. Keep it as it is: the Provisioner sells everything

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. Change it so the wife sells the clothes

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. Ted always wins

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I am thinking about changing the Provisioner's not-inconsiderable stock. Currently he sells all the clothes in the game, plus all the other stuff the module says he sells (simple weapons, 7 shields, light armours, ammunition and adventuring supplies such as rope, oil etc). Thats all well and good but his inventory is getting huge and since you can only set traders to give good prices for one object and he currently is set to clothes, it means you have to sell all your leather goods elsewhere to get a good price (in this case, the very unsatisfying situation of the cobbler Reece because he is the only other person who works in leather).

An alternative would be to have the Provisioner's wife sell the clothes, and give the good prices, and have him concentrate on his leather armour and simple weapons and supplies. Currently she makes the clothes, but remains in the back room watching the kids and really wants nothing to do with the party unless they do a quest for the Provisioner to get her into the Merchant's Guild (something which I think adds a bit of flavour - not every NPC should be cheery and chatty: some are tired from watching the kids).

Think about that for the moment and then vote (and no, changing them halfway through, or some such other option, is not an option. But discussion is welcome :)) Its an anonymous poll so vote freely.

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I say it's pretty logical that he has good prices for clothes and not so for other stuff. I mean he even justifies it himself (not directly but IIRC he mentions something about having a limited choice of things in stock).

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ahhh but the good prices I refer to are for buying, so he should be keen to get his hands on other stock.

At least you're thinking though, not like the folks who took the joke option in the poll - currently more than half :rant: But I think there's still a picture forming of the way folks want this to go.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I think a vote for the joke option usually means "do whatever you think is best and we'll criticize you for it later." :p

5. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Yeah! We trust your judgement BEFORE the fact... ;)

Our Host!