Questions

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Vecna's uncle Bill, Jan 26, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Vecna's uncle Bill

Vecna's uncle Bill Crackwhore from Mars

* Is the current beta version of KotB complete ?

* Are there plans for additional modules (X series, C series, D series, etc. etc. etc.)

... I'd love to see X2 done as a followup to B2 ... that would be sweet

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

KotB is ShiningTed's domain, so I'm sure he will be in sooner or later to comment. But in the meantime, I will say that KotB is in the final Demo build - that is, it is a stable game not in beta, but the demo does not include the entire content of the KotB module. It will be completed and released sooner or later (sooner we all hope, of course.)

As for new modules beyond KotB, several have been talked about, but the current modding focus is on KotB and continiuing work on ToEE. I do not believe there is any work currently in progress or even in planning for other modules.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

There's plenty of suggestions on the table ;) But nothing specific planned. As for the finishing of KotB: well, I am focussing on those damn CTDs as you can all imagine, but our map-makers are all going hard and it appears ALL the maps (Caves etc) will be finished within a couple of months. Then we fill them with angry monsters and unleash them on you :evil_laug

I would love to do X2, but how would you do the Hunt in the middle? We have nothing in the engine for mounted stuff. Plus the Elemental 'nodes' at the end are so corny :icon_chuc

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I think you guys should do Return to TOEE next - I mean, you already have most of the maps in the original, you don't have to convert rules to 3.5, just swap out all the monsters, and write new dialogues, and change a couple of maps. I read the module the other day, and it looks wicked fun =))

5. Candymanba

Candymanba Member

Hi everyone, I sure my question is quite dumb, but when I begin to play the mod and kill the merchant assasin I can´t interact with more, no appears a dialoge about the dead woman, can loot the woman, and can´t exit to another map. Its a bug or I missing something? Thanks

6. Shiningted

I love cut-paste :)

You've got a couple of issues. First, I don't see how you could have the latest version: the TFE-X format pretty much prevents these sorts of problems. You have to get the latest (Demo Final) version HERE (I am not sure where you got the old version from as I removed it. If you ARE using the latest version, well, read on anyway and my apologies).

Secondly, you have a bad install, pure and simple. If you get attacked by a merchant standing over the body of a dead woman, then you are seeing KotB monsters on a ToEE map and have mixed the 2 up somehow (which could be done in the original ToEE-FE if you installed one thing over the top of another but is REALLY hard to achieve with the TFE-X format).

If you don't have TFE-X (or don't even know what it is) may I suggest you grab the Co8 5.5 patch first? Its come a long way in the past year and will automatically give you TFE-X when you unpack it.

7. Senritsu005

Senritsu005 Member

you know dude i come from the seventies and eighties D&D, {make that early 80's}. i've known about ToEE for PC and had previously played it back in 2005-2006. lots of issue with it, still i loved it, so close to what i remember from table sessions, (albeit minus feats).

In short i needed to replace my old Frankenputer, this i did for Christmas as well as replace my old copy of ToEE. also found out about other D&D pc games. none compare to the the ToEE style.

then i found out about Co8, guys "I Loves Yous!!"

At this point, just thanks!!!

8. Shiningted

:blink: What? Not even 'Hillsfar'?

Woohooo!!! :joy: <Crosses major life accomplishment off list>

Thanks dude! :thumbsup:

Our Host!