questions about the latest version of Circle of Eight Modpack NC

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by gazra_1971, Aug 12, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

The only way that I know to get to the Ogre Cave is to talk to the fire temple's chief cleric - Alrrem. He will first give you a quest to recruit the Oohlgrist, the troll chief. Whether you complete or botch this quest, he will then ask you to recruit some ogres for him. He will mark their cave on your map so you can go find them.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

17. Ogre cave should be the second quest given by Alremm(?), Head Priest of Fire Temple. I think it's old map location is now used for the orc quest.

3. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

18. The TFE-X-readme.txt file states:
    It's possible to tick both of those options. What effect does ticking both of those options have?

I don't understand what the difference between those 2 options is. What is the difference between those 2 options? Do NPCs end up having the same HP total no matter which option is selected (or if both options are selected)?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Okay... boring tedious monsters will simply have 4d8, or 6d8, or 15d8 hit dice. Interesting monsters may have 3d8 (or d12 :vampire:) hit dice, plus a few levels of fighter, or sorcerer, or ranger (ranger ghosts were very popular at one point). NPCs (particluarly human ones) may be all levels and no hit dice, if you take my meaning. Hence the distinction.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Nope, you lost me Ted.

Would you please explain in terms a simpleton, (*waves*) can understand?

I've been playing DnD for more decades than I care to admit and still can't quite grasp this one.

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Me am dumb, too. :dribble:

7. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I will take a guess here, but monster HD are from their own nature and makeup. what they have is what you get. Max HP from from levels is that, your various class levels plus whatever Con bonus you may have.

Close though they may be, there are some differences. Now some of the critters we fight will have a combination of the two, like some of the Bugbear Chiefs and Ogre Shamans. That is why they may have up 200 HP, both from their monster HD and the levels of their classes, which add together.

Hope this helps a little.

Our Host!