Questions about Spring Attack, Shot on the Run and others

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by oudeis, Aug 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. oudeis

oudeis Member

I have a range-focused Fighter with SotR and a Rogue-Bard with SA and since I picked those feats 1 level ago I haven't noticed any difference to their combat abilities: my rogue still uses all his action points if he melees and if my fighter moves and shoots she still loses one attack. How do I use these feats? I searched this forums for info about them but I couldn't find anything that explained how these feats work. If I'm understanding the feat definitions correctly both of them should be able to move, attack, and move again. Is this correct? They are both 9th level, so they get two attacks. Do I have to forgo the second attack in order to use SotR and SA? Do I have to turn off Rapid/Many shot? Sorry If I missed/am missing something obvious here but this has me perplexed.

Also, can I use Rapid Shot and Manyshot at the same time? The radial menu allows me to check both but I don't see my fighter firing more arrows or doing more damage if I do. I've noticed the menu doesn't have radio-button choices, so I'm wondering if maybe it is an either-or choice that isn't immediately apparent. Using RS by itself has a visible benefit- I shoot an extra arrow- but when I check MS by itself my fighter is still only firing one arrow per attack.

As always, thanks.

P.S. I finally took a look at the notes for the latest Co8 pack and DAMN did you people add a lot of stuff to the game. I had no idea the Verbobonc area was completely community-made. I have been having a blast with this game and that is largely due to your efforts. I tip my hat to you.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  2. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

I can help with some of you question, since I have never used those feats in ToEE.

In D&D 3.5 rules you can only attack once if you move more than a 5-foot step. So if you move 10 feet, then you can attack only once, then move again if you have spring attack or shot on the run. On your turn try using the radial menu to select Move or Movement and make your move, then select Single Attack, then try moving again.

I'll try those feats in the meantime and see if I can figure out more for you.

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I've just been having a wander through the game with characters with SotR and SA, and I havn't had any problems. If I need to move my archer to a safer spot I'd just move them - not using up all the green - shot and move again, same thing for the swordsman.

4. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

Hi all,
    it's been a while since i logged on. When you move, do you use the dial menu and use the five foot move? I can't remember, but i think you get another five foot move after striking somebody with the spring attack.
    I got a dude once to get all those feats but it wasn't as good as the simple old, Cleave and Greater cleave.

Plus a lot less feats used to get those.

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I didn't use 5' step at all just moved alittle (keeping green in the timer bar thing)

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yeah with those feats you need to play around with the preferences tab inthe options menu. End turn with time remaining should be set to never, and end turn after default action should be deactivated, you can use the space bar to end your turn. The way Troika set up the default options really screws up the functionality those feats, but with the right options they work just fine.

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Ah yes, thats something I forgot to mention.

8. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

I didn't know that. Just shows that there is something to be learned from every thread.

Thanks

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Indeed, there are a few of the default game options to change on that GAME OPTIONS screen.

Our Host!