Question related to DnD miniature size

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ioannis76, Jul 28, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Looks nice.

I hope you feel better soon.

2. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

Thank you, it seems to have passed now. The dwarf is painted and ready for action. :p

[​IMG]

:)

3. ioannis76

And some "scenery"+ eye work ;P
    [​IMG]

4. sirchet

A dwarf with his back against the wall ... it's gonna be a fight!

Looks great!

5. ioannis76

Thanks, I was actually thinking about adding some broken furniture to signify that the fight had already started, but I thought that they might "hide" (rather, take the focus away from) the dwarf. :D.

6. sirchet

Did you make the wall also?

7. ioannis76

Yes, the wall is just styrofoam (a rather dense variety, which I had salvaged from a house that was being built (with the owner's permission, of course). All I did was take a pen to it, draw out the stones, prime it, and then just use a mix of colors for the stones, white mixed with black (perhaps also a touch of metallic color), mostly, with no grey because my grey color stinks (literally, its smell is awful and my house is small, so it's quite unbearable). :p
    After that, i just cut out a "beam" of styrofoam, and carved the "surface" of the wood using a razor. Primed it black, and then dry brushed it brown. I then glued it in place, and there it was. :)

8. sirchet

Hmmmm .... I can think of a person who would probably really really like a paladin, kind of like the one, oh I don't know .... Like my avatar? Heh heh

Just say'n you know. ;)

9. ioannis76

Well, that avatar sort of reminds me of the playmobil I used to have when I was younger. I can't be sure, though, because avatars have very small pictures. :).
    That helmet in particular looks suspiciously like the ones some riot police playmobils (if I recall correctly) used to have. :).
    I think I could make a paladin and post it here, though. It shouldn't be too difficult. And just as I had figured out how to make the base for my version of the 40kdreadnought :p.

10. sirchet

What! You don't think that's me in my full armor ... darn! And all this time I thought I had everyone fooled. :p

That picture is actually a pen, (ink pen) I got as a gift from Medieval Times here in Orlando, you know where you can go watch them joust and stuff. Really fun place, we've been countless times and are even on their "Royalty List".

You get dinner and a GREAT show for like $60.00.

11. ioannis76

Sounds great. :)

12. ioannis76

A look at my current project, a Warhammer(ish) 40k Dreadnaught. This is part of the engine, there are more details on the blog :)

[​IMG]

13. sirchet

An ingenious use of resistors.

14. ioannis76

Thank you!
    A PSU had burned out some years ago, and I decided to salvage whatever I could out of it to add some mechanical parts to the engine (there is going to be more in the turret). I like salvaging stuff from here and there, that's why I generally don't throw anything away and as a result my house is such a frigging meeeeeeeeeeeeeeess!!! :)

For the front part of the engine's armor I opted for an abrams M1 turret design (at least that was the idea), but I still wasn't sure about the bullet marks on the armor (I've never seen a bullet mark on an MBT, and don't even know if this is possible, even from an optimal 90 degree angle (which is difficult to obtain on an abrams to begin with).
    Anyway, I am chatting (as I always do when discussing MBTs), but I intend to make this Dread a rather "tankey" one. I wish to combine the "occult" sort of Chaos Space Marine design attitude, with the general Space Marine hardware that is also "down to earth" (old fashioned cogs and such), and add some contemporary MBT technology (I also intend to use T-90 Arena-type active defense).

15. ioannis76

Since we were talking about blacksmithing and available technology during past times, here is a working water powered hammer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M24nZbhKkdU

This thing is hundreds of years old, and it's still working. It requires no electricity, and any spare parts were probably made by the blacksmith who used them. Modern equipment may be better in some respects (although I don't see what a modern power hammer could do that this one can't) but I think that it also suffers some serious drawbacks such as its reliance on a power source and spare parts to function.

Here is the hammer in use:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVmF6Nsf77Q&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Our Host!