Question regarding Spiritual Weapons

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Runiel, Feb 26, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Gaear, thanks for the information. I did not mean my comment to be a criticism, but as J'allan UlDragos commented, we got spoiled by the old ways that Spiritual Weapon worked and how it is now.

One little bit of retort is how the spell description says that the SW can not be physically attacked, but it was by your enemies all the time. I have even seen the effects of poisoned, Strength Draining, and Stunned happening to SW. Funny how it was the monsters could wail away at a SW but you could not. :)

They can still be useful to help block an avenue of attack or add to hits on a spell caster.

2. Runiel

Runiel Member

Ack!

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner. I had some save games just seconds before some of these encounters I mentioned, but they are gone now. After some more crashes, apparently not related to the Spiritual Weapon spell but to something else, I decided to revert to version 7.0.0 and continue playing with my Chaotic Neutral party which was halfway through the game.

3. Namarus

Namarus Member

lost all mine when I switched to 7.0.1 .

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I am not using it in my current game, but I will give it a try and see if I get the crash. If so, I will be sure to post a save for you.

5. Namarus

Namarus Member

Ok I have a save game where the crash occurs, in Hickory Branch, definately seems to be when the mobs engage the Cleric of Pelor's spiritual weapon. Just explain to me how to find the savegame and I will upload it and link for you to have a look.

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Files are found at

ToEE\modules\ToEE\Save

Each save is comprised of 4 files - *.gsi, *.co8, *.tfaf, *.tfai
    Pack them into a zip file and upload either here (if smaller than 400kB) or mediafire / rapidshare.
    You can identify the correct save by the jpg file with the matching name.

7. Namarus

Namarus Member

Here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dao78spa117l2c0

Should be in the area where there is a pair of giant lizards, if you cast on the lizards it will crash.

Alternately you can try the Dire Bear agro with a bow shot, and then cast spiritual weapon and it should crash again.

I did not try the pair of snakes but the same thing should happen.

8. Chad878262

Chad878262 Member

Is there any update on this? I am also experiencing CTD when casting Web and Spiritual weapon. I have attached the 4 associated save files from right before the battle...

Our Host!