Question on Mobeus2778's temple.dll patch?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDragoon, Dec 30, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

What exactly do you do with it to make it work with the game? Do you need a program to install/unzip it, or what? And, what exactly does it fix? Is it worth messing with if I already have the Co8 patch and the ANYPATCH2?

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

temple.dll is the hardcoded part of ToEE as opposed to the much more easily modified data files (ie ToEE4.dat). It was previously part of the exe before the official 2nd patch which has now been externalized to a dll file.

Moebius has done incredible work with dll modification and corrected many hardcoded bugs (more than 30 at last count, including major ones affecting Power Attack and these 30+ bugfixes are not inclusive of extra features like the Scorching Ray spell, the level uncapper, availability of higher spell slots for metamagic, etc).
    The Co8 3.0.4 patch also has a modified temple.dll by moebius but it does not include every fix that he made (only about half) as it was put in while work was still in progress.

It is therefore highly recommended that you download the latest temple.zip from http://www.jadri.com/temple.zip
    to be able access all the features/fixes.

As always it is a MUST to make backups of your previous temple.dll and data folders to enable you to restore an earlier setting easily in case the new fixes are problematic. Please go through the readmes in the 3.0.4 mod pack as well as temple.zip to make sure you are aware of what has been altered and fully agree to it.

EDIT: to have a functional modified temple.dll, simply unzip temple.zip (downloaded from the address above) and copy paste temple.dll to your Temple of Elemental Evil folder, replacing the old temple.dll which would have been present if you had installed the 2nd official patch.

3. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Wow. That's insanely specific. Thanks for the help!

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

On the note of spells passed 5th level the link below has a link for the vicks and wedge something or other that mentions having a few 6th level spells although in the game they are selectable as 5th level spells, I have no programming knowledge, or experience so if someone more knowledable than I could take a look at this, i'd appriciate it (and i'm sure others would too).

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/ToEE/index_editors.php

Our Host!