Quest Help **SPOILER**

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Starbuck, May 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Starbuck

Starbuck Member

I am playing ToEE again after a couple years with the new CoO v4.0.1 mods, the game is so much better! But I am having trouble with the Black Jay poisoned sheep quest. IIRC, all you had to do was pass time overnight in his fields and you would catch the culprit. This is after identifying the hemlock and telling Jay about it. But no matter how many times or how long I pass time, the culprit never shows up. What am I missing? Did the mod mess up this quest?

2. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

I always had to change maps and pass time, until night. Try going into Black Jays house wait until night then look out back again.

I don't know of a Mod that messed up a quest, at least not for long and this has been around for awhile.

3. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Go there when it is night. Never tried passing time to get it to night whilst waiting in the field, so not sure whether that works or not. Certainly works if you spend the time in the Inn.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yeah, a map change is essential in a number of circumstances, including this one and every other instance of day/night transfers. other affected NPC's include Elmo, Jayfie, Mickey, Valden, Zert and a few others I cant remember off hand, it's not so much a bug, but just a limitation of the ToEE engine, thus there is no way to fix it (because technically, it's not broken).

Our Host!