Prototypes Question

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Zoltec, Jun 4, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Hi, It seems that the prototype handles for obj_t_npc are in full state. I can't add any prototype between 14000-14999, I'm doing the tutorials for ToEE Builder (and I'm stuck on adding a new merchant :shrug:). Is there any technique to add another obj_t_npc besides the use of prototypes?, I noticed that other unknown identifiers located on description.mes '20000' was the only solution to add another obj_t_npc. I don't know how modders operate it, but I am yearning to learn more about it. and the boundary for prototypes is '16999' beyond that, the game won't accept anything. How's that, any suggestions? what should I do?

2. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Alright, please disregard my other question. I've found the empty slots <14914 to 14998>. Prior to my earlier questions, what's the technique to add beyond '16999'? is it even possible? is that the limitation that the game can exceed?

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I'm not looking at protos.tab right now, but yes, there are a finite number of protos.

The slots beyond 20000 are just for names assigned to already existing protos.

4. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Well, thanks. I assume when that finite number is already 'all' occupied, then modding will be stopped right? Hmm, by the way can I have a slot for a new module? I don't have dates yet, and I'm currently working to make one. :ninja:

Edit:
    Sorry, I mean't of a new content, not entirely a new module itself.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  5. Gaear

I don't anticipate that all NPC/monster protos will ever be taken up, as at this point we are not really so much in an adding posture anymore as a refining posture.

What do you mean by a "slot for a new module" ... a range of protos?

6. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Hmm, I'm just trying to say If I can add a new content 'adventure' like ranths WotGS.

I've finish the map texture for the party first entry point, but I'm really having troubles on how to recombine a 'new' map properly, I've played with the coordinates but still no luck -__-, and the 'original texture' is way look stretched and blurry when split into pieces (splitter mode). Please, help me and teach me some techniques, like on what you did on verbo-texture upgrades. I really need to make the maps all high quality when rendered by the game.

7. Gaear

You're free to make whatever new content modules or add-ons you like Z, but we won't consider them for inclusion in the modpack until after they're done.

What exactly did you do to try to recombine/split a map?

8. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

First, I collected the original chunks of neutral vignette map. then I recombine it. after that, I got the neutral-vignette.txt that contains x and y's. which I based the parameters with my modified neutral vignette map to split the map. but thereafter, when I try to recombine the chunks of my modified one, I don't get the desired results which must be the same as 'proper results as' original neutral vignette.

Original Vignette Recombined

[​IMG]

Modified Vignette Recombined

[​IMG]

I notice that, when I recombine 'again' the original texture of neutral vignette it seems its texture is far more degraded than the original one.

9. Gaear

That's what happens when you save your image in a resolution different than the original and what ToEE uses. I think it has to be 96 dpi, but just examine the recombined original or one of its chunks to find out for sure.

10. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Thanks, the dpi thing solved my problem.

Our Host!