Project Carsomyr...

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shin, Oct 23, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shin

Shin Established Member

I was having some fun with ProtoEd and Excalibur... :D Made it +5, holy, etc... It's fun, but can't really replace a true Holy Avenger in my munchkin heart.

To properly implement a holy avenger features, I know I need to do something more than just changing some values in the proto.tab fields.

I was interested in how a "complexe" item was encoded in the game and looked in Scathers, it indeed has "scather" bonus so it means that there are some program lines that defines "Scather" properties.

So, I tried to see if I could give a look into this Scather thing, and now I need your help cuz I can't find any. :cry:

I think it's somewhere in the data files. But can't find, I'll keep searching myself tho. :)

Thank you.

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Hmm... any progress? I've had a brief look myself at ToEE3.dat but couldn't find anything. Most likely I'm not looking at the right place though. :(
    I did find Spell713 - flame tongue.py under the scr subdirectory. I doubt it will help any but it's interesting looking at the code for extra damage. I suppose someone well versed in Python would be able to provide much better help and ideas.

Anyway good luck on your search and be sure to post if you find anything worth discussing. :)

3. Shin

Shin Established Member

I looked everywhere... :(

Maybe it's in somewhere like ToEE.EXE? :( Especially I didn't find any line that describes effects of weapons feats, such as "Weapon Bonus", "Holy"... I'll keep looking tho. :)

Our Host!