Proficiencies for new weapons?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by mrbunnyban, Nov 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. mrbunnyban

mrbunnyban Member

I've tried the search function, i've looked through the readmes, and I even found the protos.tab file and tried to figure it out. I couldn't.

Can someone point me to the list of which weapon belongs to which proficiency? Or is there an in-game method that I've somehow missed? I was trying to find proficiency for kukri to no avail. I'm guessing short sword or dagger, but I'd like to be sure.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The Kukri seems to have it's own weapon focus, specialization and exotic weapon proficiencies, but they're not selectable choices at the moment, I'm not 100% sure why, but I suspect it'll need to be enabled in the .dll to be able to select it.

3. ErikModi

ErikModi Member

Is there any way to lump it into the Martial proficiency, where it belongs in 3.5?

4. Allyx

It already is a martial weapon, and you can gain proficiency in it with either monk simple weapon proficiency, and martial weapon proficiency (all), but that's not the issue. the issue is that the weapon focus/specialization feats are not selectable.

There are 2 ways to takle this...

1) The workaround - assign another weapon type to the Kukri.
    2) The fix - ask Spellslinger nicely if he'll look into enabling (if it even works) the weapon focus/specialization (kukri) feats in the .dll.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  5. mrbunnyban

mrbunnyban Member

*checks srd* Ohhhh, it's a martial weapon now. Makes sense, I guess. I'll do the asking, since I started the thread.

BTW, is there a list of proficiencies for the new weapons?

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Since when have monks been proficient with kukris?

7. Allyx

<checks 3.0 PHB, then cross references with the 3.5 SRD>
    :yikes:

They're not proficient with it? well that kinda sucks. I must have confused Kukri and Kama. :eyebrow:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  8. Allyx

I've just posted a fix for the Kukri here.

You'll need to get the exotic weapon proficiency (Troika coded it according to the 3.0 rules - not 3.5) but the other kukri feats work fine with it from then on.

9. ErikModi

ErikModi Member

Allyx, you are AWESOME.

10. Allyx

All the hard work was done by Spellslinger, he should take all the credit for this, without his FeatActivator tool, I couldn't have made these fixes.

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

hey allyx on that note can monks in toee use kukris?

12. mrbunnyban

mrbunnyban Member

Kukris are exotic now? I'm getting confused. Huh...maybe I should wait for the next cumulative patch before adding these little ones on. My ranger already focused in short swords so I can't take that back anyway. :(

13. Allyx

I assume that since ToEE started out as a 3.0 game, and converted into a 3.5 game, Troika were so pushed for time, that rather than re-coding the entire temple.dll to change the proficiency used by this weapon from Exotic (3.0) to martial (3.5) they just disabled it. And all I did (with Spellslingers help) was enable it. Anything more will be extreemely difficult to do I'm affraid.

Our Host!