Problems with Thrommel

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDragoon, Oct 21, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Alright. Here's the deal. I can't get Thrommel to leave my party and give up the goods. @__@

Well, first, I found where he was at. Used the 'Talk' radial-menu command to get past the nasty 'attack him because he's a vampire' illusion. We wander around a little, killing off a few nasties and getting some good swag. Then, I decide to use that little trick about using a Teleport scroll to go straight to Hommlett, so the rewards get there faster. But, once I was in Hommlett, he didn't talk to me, saying he had to leave. He just continued to act like a member of the party.

Oh well. Time to reload. This time, I try taking the Escape Tunnel outside. I walk to Hommlett, and still, he stays in my party. So I figure, maybe it's just Hommlett? I re-load, go out the Escape Tunnel, and hike to Nulb. Same thing.

So then, I remember from when I first played this game (with no Co8 patches). I take one step out the single door that goes from the top floor of the Temple. Decide to hike over there, go inside, and then turn around and try to go outside. And still, Thrommel doesn't leave. I tried asking him to leave the party, but no matter where I am, he just says that he'll 'find his way out of the temple on his own'....which still equates to no Scather for me. Can anybody help out with this? What am I doing wrong?

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I've run into a problem before where if I teleport out of the Temple, I need to walk to a different villiage to get the person to leave. I've also had issues where if I have two or more "Get me back to civilization" NPCs in the party, only one of them will leave when I do so and I get stuck with the second one. Asking them to leave results in "You can't leave me here. Take me to Homlett or Nulb first." even when I'm standing in the villiage in question.

3. ShadowDragoon

Well, even when I teleported to Hommlett, I tried to go to the world map and go to a different area of the city. That didn't work. Do I have to go to a completely different town, like Nulb?

4. Kalshane

Yup. Going to a different part of Homlett just "teleports" you there, so it's the same issue. But I'm not sure why he isn't leaving if you're actually walking to Homlett from the Temple.

5. ShadowDragoon

I'm not sure if it's because I left the temple via the Escape Route instead of the 'main' door. Would that actually cause a problem with him leaving the party, though?

6. Kalshane

Shouldn't be. I frequently don't even use the temple's "main" door and haven't had a problem with Thrommel.

7. ShadowDragoon

I did end up getting it to work. For whatever odd reason, the next time I tried, I teleported straight to the East section of Hommlett, and right away Thrommel left. Makes no sense to me. Apparently that's the only part of town that will do it, since I tried going to the North section and the West section, and both times he stayed.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Of course he left hommlet East. You wouldn't expect a Prince to hang out in a labourers camp would you?

9. ShadowDragoon

Well, as I said before, I tried moving from Hommlet North to other parts of Hommlet (East included), and he never left. I even went in and talked to Rufus and Burne, thinking that, y'know, they might have something to say about a prince being in my part. But, nope. Not a word.

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

If [or in your case when] Prince Thrommel does not leave when you reach Hommlet, use the Worldmap and teleport back to the temple and, then, immediately use the Worldmap to teleport back to Hommlet to see if he leaves the party. (I am wondering if a flag was not set when you used the teleport scroll.)

[EDIT]
    Note: After teleporting back to the temple, you may want to try to go back inside of the temple while there before teleporting back to Hommlet.

This may be something that needs to be fixed.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  11. ShadowDragoon

I actually already wrote over that save file. But, next time I get to that area in the game (which will be within the next week, because I plan on doing the update to Co8 5.0.2), I'll run a bunch of different tests to see when he reacts as he should and when he doesn't.

Our Host!