Problems with the patch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Tamind, Feb 19, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Tamind

Tamind Member

Hello,
    I have the German version of Temple of Elemental Evil. There no German patch out there but I read I could use the Patch 2 and then use the temple.zip on the main directory of the game (don´t know where I got this temple.zip... it´s not the official one I guess).
    when I try to execute 'TOEE_USA_ANY-PATCH2.EXE' I get the patch error message 'Neither command line parameter specified is an existing directory.'
    Thanks for any advise to solve my problem

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

There's a German localisation update that you can use with Atari's official patches (compatible with Patch 2 and Patch 3). When you install one of the official patches, all onscreen texts are in English. The localisation update reverts all the texts back to German and also fixes the bug with the quest "Amors Pfeil" in the localised versions.

Here's the link:
    http://www.co8.org/files/mods/ToEE_GULP.zip

I don't know why installing the official patch doesn't work. Try re-downloading the patch, maybe your file is corrupt. Or try installing Patch 3, which fixes the looting bug.

3. Tamind

Tamind Member

The second patch ist still not working. I tried the third patch which ends with the following 'fatal error message': Invalid patch file.
    Does any one have another clue to solve my problems without reinstalling the game?

Our Host!