Problems reinstalling 7.4 NC

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Sep 18, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

I had 7.4 NC installed and running up until today. I had just started doing quests in Verb when I encountered a new bug. Every time I tried to start up ToEE, the title screen never appeared, except for a small spot in the upper left corner. Since I couldn't load a saved game or start a new one, I decided to try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. Installed the game to a custom directory C:\Toee, and it worked. Then I reinstalled the modpack to the custom directory, but it won't work. I keep getting an error message:

"Startup Error
    You must run ToEEFE X from the root folder"

The last time I got this error, the Macafee AV was interfering. I turned of the AV, then removed it, and still get the same message. Any suggestions??

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

As to the screen issue, that is almost certainly a graphics driver issue. I read about it happening just in the last couple days somewhere else, so most likely your system auto-updated a driver. The fact that it worked one day and not the next with the same modpack virtually proves this. I'd try rolling the driver back.

As to the second issue, you may indeed have to fully remove MacAfee, as some AV software still kills ToEE even if it's not running. :blegh: The 'root directory' error points to the .exe being missing, and that only happens if your AV kills it or you got all your installation steps mixed up really badly.

Our Host!