Problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gamoc, Aug 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

Hey, I'm new ;)

I have a problem in the moathouse. I can't get up the ladder where all the zombies are that leads to all the guards and the guy who shows you a way into the Temple (who's name I can't remember).

The secret door thing opens, but I can't get up the actual ladder, so I'm just stuck there resting so I can fight things. It's getting kinda boring :-x

(I'm using ToEEF 5.0)

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Use the tab key on the keyboard to highlight every item on the game screen that is available for you to mouse-over and click.

Do you see it on the game screen and did your party find it? Are you able to click on it? If you know where it is located on the game screen, but your party is not detecting the secret door, have your party members walk right beside of it [pass by it] and walk directly in front of it [and up against it].

Please provide more information, details.

[EDIT] Is your party on the same floor with Lubash, or no?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  3. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

The ladder is the one that leads to the floor where Lubash is. (if lubash is who I think he is)

I already said that I can open the secret door, but I can't get up the ladder behind it. I can actually see the ladder, but I can't climb it.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The room you are describing sounds like you are in the room on the first floor of the moathouse and was where the bandit leader and bandits were located, you killed the bandits in that room and there should be a secret door and a secret ladder in that same room, right?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

From room 6, go to room 5 and go down the steps.

[EDIT] removed the picture

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  6. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

Noo, I said it was near loads of zombies. And what look like jails.
    Down that passage marked 8 there is a room, and loads of zombies, just in the room next to it there 2 more zombies and a passageway in one of the pillars in the middle.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. I found it on the other end of the passage and it doesn't work there either, I suppose the link between them must have been severed.

7. mos

mos Member

I know which room you're talking about (can't make a picture as I'm at work). It's possible you just failed a search roll and the game isn't letting you make any more. It's irritating, but that was a secret door that isn't really necessary to continue.

8. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

Yeah, I know that now ;)

I didn't realise that the stairs were...stairs...because of the passage thing that was in front of them. :-x

Thanks for trying to help anyway :)

9. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

You are suffering from the Secret Door bug. It springs up every so often and makes secret doors not show up. You say you can see the ladder, but can you see the blue ladder icon? If not, it's time to delete that game and start a new one, because you will not be able to access any secret doors again for the rest of the game.

10. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

:eek:

Well, I've used other secret doors since then, so I'm gonna continue it and hope for the best ;)

11. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

This bites! I just started a new game so that I could do the Hickory Branch mod, and now I find that I can't detect secret doors after I do all of the fedex, the deklo grove, and finish off the bandits.

I went through all of the saved games to find one before the bug started, to discover that I have to start all over again.

I am so tired of talking to townsfolk.

12. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Just to give you some hope - I had the same secret door bug in the Moathouse and I've been okay since carrying on with the same save. (all the way to the elemental planes infact) Of course, you may be unlucky.

13. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

You can always "pretend" you took care of the all the fed ex quests in town and type "levelup" into the console and just ignore them. I do that from time to time when I don't feel like running around town doing errands and fixing people's personal problems.

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Type levelup? Is that by the rules, K.? ;)

15. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Sure it is. Of course, in PNP the DM just looks at you funny and/or throws things, so it's not nearly as effective. :)

Our Host!