problem withFerros' ToEE Character Editor

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by BoBThAK, Oct 17, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. BoBThAK

BoBThAK Member

im haveing a problem with Ferros' ToEE Character Editor.
    i can use it to edit the character and that works on the new game screen but when you hit begin adventure toee crashes to desktop
    the game will play with unedited pc's but not with edited ones
    anyone have a clue of how to fix this?

2. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

Kharmakazy has a nice editor over on ataris site for toee. Do a search for character editor, its called character editor v2.0. It allows you to change your stats at character creation, and its compatible with patch 2.0.

The only problem I've run into is that the strength stat cannot be modified. I just switch it with another stat, then switch it back if I want to change it. I haven't used it in a while though, and co8 has put out a few changes to toee since then.

3. BoBThAK

BoBThAK Member

thanks ill try that
    if anyone else has an answer id like to know just in case
    thanks again

4. BoBThAK

BoBThAK Member

well i got the editor you suggested but i cant figure out how to use it
    any help woul be great

5. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

The editor is used to alter new characters by changing there stats at creation. Create a new character and put numbers in each of the spots for your stats. Then startup the editor, it will allow you to change the characters stats, then you can move onto the rest of character creation.

6. Darksabre

Darksabre Member

Wouldn't it just be easier to edit the stats using the console once the game has started? My strategy has always been to roll just long enough to get a high enough Intelligence score for the number of skill points I think necessary. Take that, start the game, and use the console to edit the rest to whatever's appropriate.

7. Martinius

Martinius Member

Actually, at start-up there are some things that are directly related to some of your stats like:

Int determines the number of spells a wizard gets, as well as the number of skill points you get for distributing;

Dex determines whether certain feats (dodge / mobility) are available;

Str determines whether certain feats are available (cleave).

So, changing those post-creation does not have the same impact as doing it during creation. That more or less is the major difference, anyway. :)

8. Darksabre

Darksabre Member

Ok, I can see that. But it still doesn't take much re-rolling to get (say) a 16 and 2 13s. That qualifies you for whatever you want to take, and then use the console to get the rest. Just an idea.

Our Host!