Problem with Lareth fight

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by UncleBuck, Jun 27, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

I just had something new happen in my most recent fight with Lareth and his guards. Still using version 7.2 NC if that makes a difference. My cleric cast hold person on the Lieutenant with the bow, who failed his save. So he's held and can't take any actions until he makes a save or the spell wears off. Later in the round, my wizard casts sleep and knocks out another guard next to the lieutenant. On the next round, the lieutenant is still held, but is able to kick the guard next to him awake. I thought this wouldn't be possible. The lieutenant takes no other actions, but kicked awake another guard a couple rounds later who fell asleep (from a sleep scroll this time) while still "held." This is the first time this occurred to me and I haven't noticed any other posts about this. Anyone else encounter something like this??

2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I believe SA created the mod that made those people take an action to wake sleeping comrades, maybe he needs to foolproof it against hold spells.

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Better yet, in TOEE you can Coup de Grace him for an insta-kill! (watch out for the AoOs when you do though)

4. UncleBuck

UncleBuck Member

I did, it just took a several rounds to get to him.

Our Host!