problem after Co8 latest mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ridgeback, Feb 10, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ridgeback

Ridgeback Member

installed the 3-0-4 mod over atari patch 3 and now after killing enemies i can't pick up anything from them at all. Never mind reduced NPC looting

Anybody got any ideas

My OS, hardware, and software are all running the latest patches bios firmware etc etc

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

That sounds like the looting bug. Patch 3 should have taken care of it, but some part of 3.0.4 might have cause a compatibility problem. Have you tried installing the moebius temple.dll fix. That takes care of the looting problem too.

3. Ridgeback

Ridgeback Member

yep done that

4. Ridgeback

Ridgeback Member

just discovered i now can't go through doors, up stairs, pick loot up, nothing

5. Lord Plothos

I'd try re-installing temple.dll. Is scorching ray listed for second level wizard spells? That's a good test to see if it's installed properly. If re-installing doesn't work. I'd uninstall the game entirely, reinstall it, then apply patch 2 and the temple.dll patch in that order. See if that works. Afterwards, you could try the co8 patch and see if everything still works okay. If not, it must be a compatibility issue. You may have to forego co8.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Co8 3.0.4 was designed to work with Atari patch 2. There could be compatability issues with it and Atari 3. If you're using the moebius temple.dll fix, there's actually no need for Atari 3, as the only thing it fixes beyond Atari 2 is the looting bug - and moebius fixes that too, along with a host of other great improvements. Best advice is to go with Atari 2, Co8 3.0.4, and moebius.

7. Lord Plothos

Hey, Gaear, I got a request to notify the gamefaqs board when a co8 patch is made that's compatible with patch 3. Any word on when/if that'll happen? I've already told them to do temple.dll and forget 3, but they want to know.

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

As I understand it from zhuge, all of moebius' work would have to be recoded for Atari 3. Unfortunately, he's not really active anymore, plus it would be quite a heavy load to bear just to make his stuff compatible with 1 additional Atari fix. I would guess that it's not going to happen. Doesn't really matter though; moebius fixed the SP2 looting bug himself already, and most likely the only additional fixes (and new stuff) we'll see from now on will be from Co8 anyway. My best guess is that as far as Co8 is concerned, the last word from Atari will be Patch 2. It'll be interesting to see if zhuge hears anything more from smoret though.

Our Host!