Prince thrommel...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by emo_ome, Jul 7, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

The ending slides are different depending on what you did during the game. If the prince dies in the Temple you get the dead prince screen. If you woo Bertram you get the screen where you get married. If you destroy the Golden Orb of Death you get a screen stating you have the enmity of Iuz. If you killed Lareth you get a screen saying you have invoked the animosity of Lolth and the drow over the years try to kill you but fail and so on.

2. realmzmaster

Prince Thommel is the vampire (and dead) prince. He registers as a vampire when you first meet him. Do not instantly attack. Speak to him.

3. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

Will my in-game reputation be harmed if I just outright kill him for his sword?

-Mike

4. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Nope.

He is missed at some years. Nobady knows where he is, so, nobody will "divine" you kill the missin prince.

Be carefull, he is hard to kill in melee, however....

5. realmzmaster

Your reputation will not take a hit. The prince has been missing in action for quite a while. Most people think he is dead. But, if you attack him he will not go down easy. Far better to let him join you and get killed by one of the creatures of the temple. You can take Fragarach off his body. Take him back to Hommlet and have him revived. When you go outside the church, his dialogue will trigger. He will offer to send you a suitable reward when he gets home. Accept the offer. Sometime later you will receive Scather. Another very nice sword that never misses. Now you have both Fragarach and Scather.

6. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

well... i've seen those slides...
    my question is ... is there still more slides where the prince make an appearance?(like the vampire prince:vampire:... etc)

7. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

I haven't figured out how to dismiss my other party members! Also, most of my party is lvl 9/10 (the game is starting to feel too easy :(), so he's not that difficult to beat.

-Mike

8. realmzmaster

If you leave the prince in the temple, you will get a slide saying he became a vampire and terrorized the countryside. His sword Fragarach was lost forever. If you get the prince out of the temple and back to Hommlett, you get a screen about him marrying the fair Jolene.

9. realmzmaster

SharkD,

If the member is an NPC you have to talk to them with one of your generated party members. Click on one of the your generated characters. Place the pointer on the NPC to dismiss and bring up the radial menu. One of the menu items is talk. You can ask them to leave the group. If you are trying to dismiss generated party members you have to go to the inn in Hommlet or hostel in Nulb and click on the guest register. You can then add or remove generated party members. But some party members will not leave. If one of your characters married Fruella, she will never leave except by death.

10. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

except on this one... what else...?

11. Isewein

Isewein Established Member

In NC, if I keep Prince Thrommel in the party until the end of the Temple (and the vanilla game) and only later return him to Hommlet, will he still reward me with the second sword?

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Should do, yes? It's his run-off that triggers the reward script. (I looked that up - have to stop relying on memory).

Isewein likes this.
Our Host!