Prince Thrommel and other questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Scryler, Jan 23, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

WoW is a MMORPG. But MMO is an accepted shortened version of the name of the type game- and besides, VERY few people actually Role Play on it - DnD like Roleplay anyway. There are a few servers dedicated to Just THAT type of gaming- but the vast majority of it is NOT rolpelaying and the servers are not designated as such...

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Well, I never take Trommel's stuff, because it's not meant to be - the original game did not allow it. I wish to see Co8 patch his so that he is a "non-humble" NPC. Otherwise it's kind of lame. I'm pretty sure the verbobonc issue will be fixed eventually.

As for the adventuring party, I always get them when my party is too high level to have much fun with killing them, sadly. I do imagine meeting them at level 5 or so would be fun, but it never happened to me.

3. rossik

rossik Member

i have found the prince, then i teleport to verbobonc, to free him, but he just doenst went home.

so, i walked till the temple front, and then he says thanks a lot, see you soon, i will give you reward, bla bla bla.

BUT, i have just found him again, in the same room!

porr bastard, he was captured again! lol

seriously, what hapend?

4. rossik

rossik Member

someone, please??? :(

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Try teleporting to Hommlett or something. It seems like he doesn't recognize the rescue properly on the maps that were modified in Co8. In any case, I had the same issue, and got is solved by taking him straight to Hommlet.

On another note, I had a different issue. The group bringing the reward would give me the money and the ring, but not the sword. I had to hill the paladin for it. Any suggestions, for future reference?

6. sps49

sps49 Wide-Eyed Tourist Supporter

Did your leftmost or other highlighted person have enough room in their inventory? If not, they will not receive everything.

From before (sorry)- killing the reward partywas good for xp, less so for loot- except that after my looting the leader, he cama back to life & gave me the reward! A benign bug, I guess.

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

The best part - get your reward twice! Plus, the pally that carries Scather actually has some pretty fancy equipment.

8. rossik

rossik Member

yep, that worked!

now, when did the reward party is supppose to show?

9. Darthcast

Darthcast Savant Trooper

It was always a pain in the ass to get that reward. You had to wait 20-30 days and then travel a thousand times between Nulb and Hommlet... But recently I've found this in a walkthrough, and it worked perfect!

Also, you could try to resque the other prisoner while your at it, if you don't want to wait another month for the second reward. ;)

10. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Are there currently any bad consequences for sitting around and letting time pass?

11. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

One minute per minute passes.

12. Darthcast

Darthcast Savant Trooper

:twitch:

Well, I do it for roleplaying-reasons. I just don't like imagining the heroes spend several months waiting and doing nothing... They could as well just settle down. :bored:

13. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I don't recall it taking that long, but my memory could be faulty. I think I went to Hommlet, where he departed, did some other stuff, don't recall what, and his party showed up not too long after.

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What would you do if someone promised you a reward in real life and you had no way of contacting them to check its status? Would you travel the countryside endlessly, waiting for someone to approach you? Would you sit around for days or weeks or months doing nothing in the hope that the reward would arrive? Or would you get on with your life and accept the reward when and if it came, and not fret over it if it didn't?

This is a role playing game. Heroes don't sit around doing nothing while the world goes to hell.

15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

That's the problem. It could trigger on the first-second travel on the world map. Or, it could take months, and countless travels. Finally, there's a chance that it would never arrive.

Well, in any case, I don't usually care much for the reward, since double-wielding the two answering swords is way too glitchy.

Our Host!