Premade 'Toffee' Pro Modules Discussion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Cerulean the Blue, Sep 2, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Re: Premade 'Toffee' 3 Pro modules

Well, in the practical sense I'm more worried about Orion's personal feelings than ours. What if, in his righteousness, he doesn't deign to allow us the use of his fixes?

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I reread his latest post. Nowhere in it does he state, nor do I get the feeling from what he wrote, that he does not want his fixes to be used by this community. I think quite the opposite is true. He did after all demand that his latest mod be make available on the downloads page. Plus, given the fact that it will take major time and work (which preferably he would do himself, if he ever decides to work with us as a team) to seperate the fixes from the changes, even if he states at a later date not to let us use them, if we do the work I think we should be able to use it. It's not like he hacked the .dll or wrote code. He just changed the protos using the tools this community (Agetian et. al. ) created and 3.5 source material. I am not belittling his efforts, for they are great. I am just stating that the IP issues here are minor.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've disbled the download link for Orion's mod, While I perform some tests - Shiningted tells me jaroo's apprentice causes problems.

[EDIT] I've fixed the CTD problem in Jaroo's hut, Shiningted has kindly provided a dlg file for Jaroo's assistant nothing fancy, but at least it works right? I've included both fixes in this toffee version.

Any other problems with this (or any other) toffee pack just let me know, and i'll see what I can do to resolve the problem as quickly as I can.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  4. Allyx

It's not finished yet, but now it works again, please redownload it again if you have it.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  5. Yinepuhotep

Yinepuhotep Member

I know this may seem a bit petty, but I wonder...when you're adding or updating the mod packs like you did with Orion's, could you note what date it was updated next to the link? I come back to this thread every so often to see if there have been any updates in those packs, and I think I have the most recent of each of them, but I'm not sure. Basically, I downloaded a fresh copy of everything yesterday, plus your fixed version of Orion's pack this morning, so I'm hoping I've got it all - but would rather not re-download stuff that hasn't changed if I don't have to.

Thanks for the incredibly excellent packages, by the way. They make playing the game a whole new experience.

6. Allyx

Good point, will do. Oh and thanks for the vote of confidence!

7. Delcar

Delcar Member

Is it advisable/possible to update the Orion compilation to co8 4.0, and can it be done by patching 4 over it or will it 'blow up' other modules?

8. Allyx

I wouldn't add it to anything. The download link here is an out of date version, with a better container in Jaroo's hut than the 'final' 0rion version (v10 I beleive), and was only re-added here so 0rion could see how his container SHOULD be. It is a separate module from 4.0.0 and can be opened (with caution) as a new module with the ToEEFE (frontend).

9. thl408

thl408 Member

Stated in the original post is that the mods all contain Co8 3.0.4. Can I install 4.0.0 to overwrite?

10. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Installing 4.0.0 over any mod that is not already included in 4.0.0 will break that mod, and my very well break 4.0.0. The results would definately be unpredictable, and most likely result in many bugs and possibly even crashes.

0rion's mod is a stand alone mod at the moment, and is not compatable with 4.0.0 or any other mod on this forum. 0rion's work may be integrated into future Co8 releases, but at this time it is a stand alone mod.

Our Host!