possible bug with dexterity 18+ (+4 modf)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Seree, Aug 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Seree

Seree Member

hey all o/

so theres definatelly something wrong with the dex ac bonus.

I searched for "Dexterity" fond a thread with a dex fix for dex penalties in armor.. but that didnt fix it..

i noticed the missbehavior when your character, in my case a rogue, exceeds a dex modifier of +3 (18+). I also tried it with a ranger (dex 18)

if you have a dex modifier of +4 or more, nearly all of your equipment starts to decrease your dex modifier.

my rogue (lvl 9) when she is totally naked has a dex of 20 (+5) and an armor class of 16 (10 ini +5 dex +1 dodge). Now when i put on gloves of dexterity my AC is reduced to 14. (with dex of 22!)
    when i click the "14" in the character menu it stats that the gloves reduce my dex bonus to +3.

i tried with some other items with the same result: Blue mystic garb , Ring of Invisibility, cloak of resistance +1, amulet of free movement from lareth, generic helmet, leather gloves, leather boots.

equipping shields or weapons doesnt seem to effect it.

seree

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Is your PC encumbered in any way? I know that when you get encumbered, thus incurring a cap on your dex bonus, the game will incorrectly attribute the cause to some piece of equipment, rather than to encumberance.

3. Seree

Seree Member

ehh... well... *runs off* *hides*

hmpf.. yeah that was the cause. still when i click the armor rate in the character screen.. it still states that it's reduced to +6 due to my "leather armor +3" (+6 dex allowed), thought +6 is the correct dex bonus for 22.. :O

so its just a missleading text now, but not wrong calculatet.

thx once again plothos

seree

Our Host!